Use reset switch as cmos jumper?

Hey, I have 3 pins for my CMOS, normally the jumper is placed on pin 1 and 2, but since I'm overclocking my ram and not wanting to remove my gpu everytime it wont boot. And I just remove the jumper and have my reset switch set to cmos pin 2 and 3?

3 minutes ago, James Evens said:

If pin 2 and 3 is what you move the jumper to then it should work.

But I don't know if pin 1 and 2 need to be connected normally

2 hours ago, MrDodojo said:

Hey, I have 3 pins for my CMOS, normally the jumper is placed on pin 1 and 2, but since I'm overclocking my ram and not wanting to remove my gpu everytime it wont boot. And I just remove the jumper and have my reset switch set to cmos pin 2 and 3?

Pin 1 and 2 do not need to be connected to anything.  It's simply "Jumper storage so you don't lose the jumper" pins.

I'm not sure, but I would definitely NOT risk such a thing.  Most boards I saw that came with actual jumper blocks for the pins had two pins, with the jumper installed on one pin (open).  But I wouldn't want to experiment with such a thing.

For one thing, you never want to press a clear CMOS (onboard button) with the power on, and a reset switch may be very easy to press, unless it's one of those cases where it's recessed and very difficult to press (I think some Lian-Li cases have those tiny ones).  The RESET button was pressed probably more often than the power button, back in the MS DOS days (fastest way to reboot a computer).  But nowadays, that's asking for boot loops, or even issues with drives.  So I can see why someone would want to rewire it.  

Second, if the reset case jumper would even fit on the CMOS pins to begin with, is there an isolated bridge between both on the case button?  Some jumpers require a + and - lead (I think, ones with LED status and polarity shown), while others require a bridge (short).  Why not just buy a cheap jumper block (a lot safer than a flathead screwdriver!) and use that to short the CMOS?  You want to have the system powered off and unplugged whenever you clear CMOS anyway, and opening a case to push a jumper on the block doesn't take that long.  You can even use cheap female to female short wired jumper cables and just attach one end to one pin and leave the other end wrapped somewhere until you need it.