Having some trouble...

Arcaton

Hi, I game  quite a lot, and have been  running my games for the past few years on an Asus ROG G750JS, which up until quite recently, has been doing alright, running most games as around 30 - 60fps. However, I've started having various performance issues, to the point where the only games I can really run are Titan Quest, or Supreme commander Forged alliance, and even those games have been running below the expected framerate. Lately I've been looking at a variety of PC's however I'm lacking technical knowledge, and was wondering what the best PC would be for the price. The main games I have been wanting to play recently which on my current setup run at about 10 - 20FPS, are Forza Horizon 4, Subnautica, Xplane 11, F1 2019, and Metro Exodus.

Any help  or info would be fantastic!

The PC I'm looking at currently is linked below. Thank you in advance :)

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/ocuk-gaming-shambler-gaming-pc-for-metro-exodus-intel-core-i5-9400-rtx-2060-fs-1da-og.html#tech_specs

I bet if you took it apart and gave it a good dusting it would come back to life. There is no reason that SC Forged alliance (almost a 13 year old game) should be getting low frame rates on that kind of hardware.

Anyways, That seems like a fair price and configuration for a pre-built.

~Air Cooling Advocate~

To add to Votivee, yes that prebuild looks decent, but if you can hold a screwdriver you can build your own pc and end up with something more powerfull, that choice is up to you.

I see you are playing some fairly good (developed) games, with the exception of Subnautica.

Subnautica is very open world game with free building, terraforming and the likes, Much like games as ARK, Empyrion etc. These tend to be fairly heavy on ram usage and therefor i would recommend atleast getting more memory than the 8gb that is included in that prebuild. Which for that price point and the ability of wielding a screwdriver, is definitely within your grasp.

Gamesystem: X3700, 32GB memory @3200mhz, GTX1080 Hybrid

Unraid system: Epyc 7352, 24/48, 96GB ECC buffered @2666mhz, 2x GT710, GTX1050Ti

i agree with building your own,its much more fun and way more satisfying doing it yourself plus you can prolly build one much more powerful with the same price as that one.and i also agree more ram would serve you better 16gb at the least for any build imo is the minimum that i would use for any build really,i use primo cache alot to speed up my drives for faster loading times so i tend to always get 32gb of ram just for that purpose.