Issues with the ModMic 5

AuraDesru

I'm trying to record something for school but my onboard audio was giving me issues with static noise. So I bought a syba external usb adapter to remove the static noise. It did the job but also brought another issue. The modmic sounds like it has this beaming high ringing noise and I don't really know how to deal with it. I tested my cloud alpha's mic and it sounded great. I was wondering if there was a solution to this or if I got a faulty modmic?

MP3 Test: http://www.mediafire.com/file/des2pt2w5v2kgsl/Hyperx_Cloud_Alpha_Mic_vs_Modmic.mp3/file

I was wondering whether a ground loop noise isolator would fix this issue?

On 8/8/2019 at 7:40 PM, AuraDesru said:

I'm trying to record something for school but my onboard audio was giving me issues with static noise. So I bought a syba external usb adapter to remove the static noise. It did the job but also brought another issue. The modmic sounds like it has this beaming high ringing noise and I don't really know how to deal with it. I tested my cloud alpha's mic and it sounded great. I was wondering if there was a solution to this or if I got a faulty modmic?

MP3 Test: http://www.mediafire.com/file/des2pt2w5v2kgsl/Hyperx_Cloud_Alpha_Mic_vs_Modmic.mp3/file

I was wondering whether a ground loop noise isolator would fix this issue?

The modmic is really picky about what audio interfaces it works with. I'd get the first party sound card. If that doesn't work, return it and it's a problem with the modmic. When I first got my modmic it had the same high pitched noise when used with on-board audio.