Possible Acer X34 Issue

WaitDontSh00t

Hey guys,

Was hoping someone could help me out. I just noticed a problem starting a couple days ago and it's starting to get me worried, since I hope it's not going to be turning into something else.

My Monitor Status LED seems to be acting wonky. Randomly it started to flicker slowly, fade in and out and now it just completely is off. So far the actual monitor is okay, it's just the status indicator. Though I've never owned a monitor where the status led starts acting up, feels a bit weird to be honest.

I was wondering if this is a common thing or is something acting on on my monitor?

1 hour ago, WaitDontSh00t said:

Hey guys,

Was hoping someone could help me out. I just noticed a problem starting a couple days ago and it's starting to get me worried, since I hope it's not going to be turning into something else.

My Monitor Status LED seems to be acting wonky. Randomly it started to flicker slowly, fade in and out and now it just completely is off. So far the actual monitor is okay, it's just the status indicator. Though I've never owned a monitor where the status led starts acting up, feels a bit weird to be honest.

I was wondering if this is a common thing or is something acting on on my monitor?

Have you got the monitor make and model please?

Just now, CPPrince said:

Have you got the monitor make and model please?

34'' Acer Predator X34 | 3440x1440 | 100Hz G-SYNC IPS Ultrawide

27 minutes ago, WaitDontSh00t said:

34'' Acer Predator X34 | 3440x1440 | 100Hz G-SYNC IPS Ultrawide

Thanks

Are you talking about the red LED underneath that sometimes goes white with G-Sync? Or the actual power indicator? 

Apparently in the settings of the monitor it reacts to when the G-Sync is active so if you are going in and out of games in may change. That's if this is the LED you are talking about?

1 minute ago, CPPrince said:

Thanks

Are you talking about the red LED underneath that sometimes goes white with G-Sync? Or the actual power indicator? 

Apparently in the settings of the monitor it reacts to when the G-Sync is active so if you are going in and out of games in may change. That's if this is the LED you are talking about?

I'm talking about the actual power indicator, actually! Sorry if I wasn't clear!

28 minutes ago, WaitDontSh00t said:

I'm talking about the actual power indicator, actually! Sorry if I wasn't clear!

If it's changing colour it may be that the cable is lose. If the light is off then technically the monitor should be off? I assume you're talking about the monitor being on and the light doing stuff? If that is the case it may be just a cable check (power an DP cables).

Other than that, have you changed any of the settings like brightness or contrast recently?

8 hours ago, CPPrince said:

If it's changing colour it may be that the cable is lose. If the light is off then technically the monitor should be off? I assume you're talking about the monitor being on and the light doing stuff? If that is the case it may be just a cable check (power an DP cables).

Other than that, have you changed any of the settings like brightness or contrast recently?

No color changes. On Standby the power indicator is usually orange and while on the light is blue. Though for example right now as I type this on the monitor, the light is currently completely off. I haven't seen it flicker yet today, but I assume that may happen again. All cables seem secure and the monitor seems to be working fine still. No monitor settings changed either, to answer that question.