Brocade VLAN Question

PlenumRated

Hello, I am redoing my wireless network, I have four Cisco AP's that I am going to swap with Aerohive. I need help adding VLAN's for the new SSID's. I am using a Brocade switch I have three VLAN's:

VLAN 100: Internal/Secure

VLAN 110: Primary LAN

VLAN 120: Secondary/Guest LAN

Each AP has to have the three VLAN's for the SSID's. Should I make each AP SwitchPort Tagged under each VLAN or Dual-Mode? I don't use the default VLAN 1 those are my SFP ports. 

*I can use the console as well but I posted a picture for easier reference. 

image.png.4c2598320e0a1f8fe66cb955b040ff5e.png

Thanks, 

Matthew 

"Just another day at the office" Captain Price -Call of Duty

you need to tag the needed VLANs to the ports where they are needed.

Just as quick as it sounds ?

Main System:

Anghammarad : Asrock Taichi x570, AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @4900 MHz. 32 GB DDR4 3600, some NVME SSDs, Gainward Phoenix RTX 3070TI

System 2 "Igluna" AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Pro, Core I5 3570k @4300, 16 GB Ram DDR3 2133, some SSD, and a 2 TB HDD each, Gainward Phantom 760GTX.

System 3 "Inskah" AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Pro, Core I5 3570k @4300, 16 GB Ram DDR3 2133, some SSD, and a 2 TB HDD each, Gainward Phantom 760GTX.

On the Road: Acer Aspire 5 Model A515-51G-54FD, Intel Core i5 7200U, 8 GB DDR4 Ram, 120 GB SSD, 1 TB SSD, Intel CPU GFX and Nvidia MX 150, Full HD IPS display

Media System "Vio": Aorus Elite AX V2, Ryzen 7 5700X, 64 GB Ram DDR4 3200 Mushkin, 1 275 GB Crucial MX SSD, 1 tb Crucial MX500 SSD. IBM 5015 Megaraid, 4 Seagate Ironwolf 4TB HDD in raid 5, 4 WD RED 4 tb in another Raid 5, Gainward Phoenix GTX 1060

(Abit Fatal1ty FP9 IN SLI, C2Duo E8400, 6 GB Ram DDR2 800, far too less diskspace, Gainward Phantom 560 GTX broken need fixing)

Nostalgia: Amiga 1200, Tower Build, CPU/FPU/MMU 68EC020, 68030, 68882 @50 Mhz, 10 MByte ram (2 MB Chip, 8 MB Fast), Fast SCSI II, 2 CDRoms, 2 1 GB SCSI II IBM Harddrives, 512 MB Quantum Lightning HDD, self soldered Sync changer to attach VGA displays, WLAN

Dual-mode is for having one VLAN as untagged on a port that has other VLANs tagged. Its the equivalent of Cisco’s “switchport trunk native vlan #”. On newer ICS firmware versions, dual-mode is deprecated and they supported untagged on a tagged port that same way HP/Aruba does VLANs.

Looking to buy GTX690, other multi-GPU cards, or single-slot graphics cards: 

41 minutes ago, Anghammarad said:

you need to tag the needed VLANs to the ports where they are needed.

Just as quick as it sounds ?

Hello, I tried to add int 1/1/2 as tagged in VLAN 120 but since it's already tagged in 110, I can't tag it in 120. Any ideas?

Thanks, 

Matthew

27 minutes ago, brwainer said:

Dual-mode is for having one VLAN as untagged on a port that has other VLANs tagged. Its the equivalent of Cisco’s “switchport trunk native vlan #”. On newer ICS firmware versions, dual-mode is deprecated and they supported untagged on a tagged port that same way HP/Aruba does VLANs.

Thank you! I am trying to set the VLAN's now but can only set one port as "tagged" on one VLAN. I know I must be missing something because I have done this before. I think it was with Dual-Mode but I have upgraded to get rid of it. 

1 hour ago, Matthew45985 said:

Hello, I tried to add int 1/1/2 as tagged in VLAN 120 but since it's already tagged in 110, I can't tag it in 120. Any ideas?

Thanks, 

Matthew

Try removing 1/1/2 from vlan 110 untagged before doing anything else with it - even if you are trying to convert it to 1/1/2 tagged vlan 110.

i’ve never run into an issue tagging a port with more than one VLAN.

Looking to buy GTX690, other multi-GPU cards, or single-slot graphics cards: 

1 hour ago, Matthew45985 said:

Thanks, 

Matthew

you have to create a trunk port to allow multiple vlans on the same port. the device on that port will need to "tag" traffic to get routed to the correct network

for the basics,

trunk port allows multiple vlans on the same port, need to tag traffic from device

access port allows a single vlan untagged from device

if each vlan will have its own port, use an access port and treat all traffic untagged it will be easiest for you.