Major Stuttering/hitching in every game

Hello all. First before I talk about my problems, here are my pc specs:

OS Name: Microsoft Windows 10 Home
System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
Motherboard: Z390 AORUS ULTRA
System Type: x64-based PC
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz, 3600 Mhz, 8 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date: American Megatrends Inc. F8, 6/5/2019
Motherboard manufacture: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
Graphics Card: ASUS Rtx 2080 

SSD: Samsung 970 evo plus 

RAM: 32 gb corsair vengeance 3200mhz  
I've had a major stuttering problem in all of my games ever since I've built my computer 3 months ago. Back in May, I bought components to a pc build and I finished building it myself. As soon as I downloaded and launched up games such as Fortnite and Cs go, I've been encountering these weird stuttering/hitching issues, even though I don't think that I should be having these stuttering issues at all. I've done every windows optimization I can, including my nvidia settings and even monitored my cpu, gpu, and ram usages/temperatures while playing these games. There are no bottlenecks whatsoever because I get a crap ton of stuttering in cs go but cpu and gpu usages are always below 40% and temperatures never go past 45C. Also Fortnite only uses like 5g of ram and I have a total of 32g ram so I know that this is not the problem. Since I know that my hardware is not bottlenecking whatsoever, I started to have a sneaking suspicion that the problem would be my PSU and that not enough power is going to my components. Do you guys think that my psu could be the problem? I currently have a EVGA 650 watt psu and for some reason I feel like this is not enough power to sufficiently power my system to it's fullest potential which may be the cause of these stuttering and micro stuttering issues. I have done everything I could for the past 3 months to get rid of these stuttering issues but it is still there and is honestly getting worse over time. Please let me know what you guys think. I have no issue at all getting a new psu and replacing the one I have currently. 

Also in csgo I get weird micro stutters and hitches although my gpu usage is only 11% and cpu usage is around 11% as well. Temperatures don't go past 20c for both. 

10 minutes ago, BishopMaster said:

Hello all. First before I talk about my problems, here are my pc specs:

OS Name: Microsoft Windows 10 Home
System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
Motherboard: Z390 AORUS ULTRA
System Type: x64-based PC
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz, 3600 Mhz, 8 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date: American Megatrends Inc. F8, 6/5/2019
Motherboard manufacture: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
Graphics Card: ASUS Rtx 2080 

SSD: Samsung 970 evo plus 

RAM: 32 gb corsair vengeance 3200mhz  
I've had a major stuttering problem in all of my games ever since I've built my computer 3 months ago. Back in May, I bought components to a pc build and I finished building it myself. As soon as I downloaded and launched up games such as Fortnite and Cs go, I've been encountering these weird stuttering/hitching issues, even though I don't think that I should be having these stuttering issues at all. I've done every windows optimization I can, including my nvidia settings and even monitored my cpu, gpu, and ram usages/temperatures while playing these games. There are no bottlenecks whatsoever because I get a crap ton of stuttering in cs go but cpu and gpu usages are always below 40% and temperatures never go past 45C. Also Fortnite only uses like 5g of ram and I have a total of 32g ram so I know that this is not the problem. Since I know that my hardware is not bottlenecking whatsoever, I started to have a sneaking suspicion that the problem would be my PSU and that not enough power is going to my components. Do you guys think that my psu could be the problem? I currently have a EVGA 650 watt psu and for some reason I feel like this is not enough power to sufficiently power my system to it's fullest potential which may be the cause of these stuttering and micro stuttering issues. I have done everything I could for the past 3 months to get rid of these stuttering issues but it is still there and is honestly getting worse over time. Please let me know what you guys think. I have no issue at all getting a new psu and replacing the one I have currently. 

Maybe try making sure your drivers are up to date? That shouldn’t be happening at all with your system. 

I got a ps5 and a pc pretty ballin

650W should be enough for this build, but if you have another PSU available or can buy a new one and return it, I'd swap it in to test.

31 minutes ago, star_pilot475 said:

Maybe try making sure your drivers are up to date? That shouldn’t be happening at all with your system. 

all of my drivers are up to date. I have even tried to remove and reinstall drivers. I have also tried to do a full factory reset 3 times, and have tried to reinstall windows as well. None of these options got rid of the stutters. This shouldn't be happening at all exactly, which is why I am confused as to why this is happening. 

32 minutes ago, TheGlenlivet said:

650W should be enough for this build, but if you have another PSU available or can buy a new one and return it, I'd swap it in to test.

Yea 650w should definitely be enough, but I am wondering if there is something wrong with the psu that is not allowing it to push out 650w. When I first turned the pc on smoke came out of the pc for some reason and then ended up turning on. Now smoke does not appear when i turn it on but there was smoke in the initial boot up. I am wondering if this has anything to do with the psu. 

6 minutes ago, BishopMaster said:

Yea 650w should definitely be enough, but I am wondering if there is something wrong with the psu that is not allowing it to push out 650w. When I first turned the pc on smoke came out of the pc for some reason and then ended up turning on. Now smoke does not appear when i turn it on but there was smoke in the initial boot up. I am wondering if this has anything to do with the psu. 

????????!!!!!!!!!  Smoke is an important part of the story to leave out!

Yes get a new PSU.  If for no other reason then to eliminate the possibility of it being the first PSU

4 minutes ago, TheGlenlivet said:

Yes get a new PSU.  If for no other reason then to eliminate the possibility of it being the first PSU

Thank you. I couldn't believe that they would send me a faulty psu :/ I will try to get a new psu as soon as possible and will let you guys know the results. I hope that this fixes the stuttering problem with the new psu. 

7 minutes ago, TheGlenlivet said:

The thing is, I wasn't sure if the smoke was from the PSU or not... I didn't bother to think about it too much after everything booted but once I started having stuttering issues I thought that this might have been the problem... 

1 minute ago, BishopMaster said:

The thing is, I wasn't sure if the smoke was from the PSU or not... I didn't bother to think about it too much after everything booted but once I started having stuttering issues I thought that this might have been the problem... 

Yeah, it shouldn't do that, ever.

Now if you plug the new PSU in and get the same problem, there is something up with the motherboard or maybe the case touching something it shouldn't during the install.

When you remove the current PSU, check everything for melted or discolored cables or components.  When you install the new one doublecked all your connections are right before powering up.

3 hours ago, TheGlenlivet said:

Yeah, it shouldn't do that, ever.

Now if you plug the new PSU in and get the same problem, there is something up with the motherboard or maybe the case touching something it shouldn't during the install.

When you remove the current PSU, check everything for melted or discolored cables or components.  When you install the new one doublecked all your connections are right before powering up.

Will do. thanks for your input. 

I bought a new psu but my pc wouldn't turn on with the new psu installed... 

13 hours ago, BishopMaster said:

I bought a new psu but my pc wouldn't turn on with the new psu installed... 

Did you remove all the cables from the old PSU and install the new ones that came with the new PSU?

4 hours ago, TheGlenlivet said:

Did you remove all the cables from the old PSU and install the new ones that came with the new PSU?

Yes. 

5 minutes ago, BishopMaster said:

Yes. 

OK, then it sounds like the first PSU damaged the motherboard when it was first powered up.  Do you see any damage on the board?  I'd contact the manufacturer for RMA.

1 hour ago, TheGlenlivet said:

OK, then it sounds like the first PSU damaged the motherboard when it was first powered up.  Do you see any damage on the board?  I'd contact the manufacturer for RMA.

I believe that you are right. I am pretty sure that the motherboard is damaged in some way, even though my pc can boot up with the old psu but not the new psu. I don't see any damage on the board.