No DisplayPort Signal on New Build

I've just built a new system, and everything in it seems good to go. When I connected it to the Monitor (Asus MP28QE) using the Display Port that came with the monitor, nothing showed up. It was "Display Port -  NO SIGNAL" at the center of the screen. I can't even boot into BIOS or install Windows 10 from my USB. I thought I might've done something wrong, but when I checked the motherboard, the Led was yellow-ish green. In the MB manual, Yellow-Green is supposed to mean Boot. If it's red, that means there's a problem with the CPU, if it's white, that means there's a problem with the GPU, and so on, but it wasn't any of that. It was yellow-green, which is supposed to mean there's no problem found at all. This is my first build, but I'm rather confident that I (hopefully) plugged everything and did everything right. I restarted several times while spamming Delete & F2 for the BIOS, still no signal. I removed the 2 ram sticks and placed one of them in a different slot, still no use. I'll get an HDMI tomorrow morning because I think the Display Port that came with the monitor might be faulty (even though it was well protected.) In the meantime, any comments or tips you could help me with? I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!

Ryzen 5 2600 | Asus ROG Strix GTX 1660 Ti | Asus ROG Strix B450-E | Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB (2x8) RAM 3200MHZ 16CL | Cooler Master Mastercase H500 | TX650M GOLD | 2TB WD BLUE 5400 RPM | 500GB SATA SSD | Asus MG248QE Monitor| ---------- | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse | SkullCandy Crusher Wireless Headphones | Trash $6 membrane keyboard from a brand which I can't read the name of because it's literally so cheap that the company's logo hasn't been printed right and the letters are unclear and now that we're at it it's so loud and hurts my fingertips I honestly regret buying it I wish I'd bought normal ram sticks instead of corsair's overpriced rgb ones and with the money I saved buy a better keyboard instead

Do you have a dedicated gpu,

if so did you plug the displayport into it, because if you have one your motherboard will default to it

if not does your cpu have an igpu, because then there may no be anything to power any graphics at all

2 minutes ago, barondeau said:

Do you have a dedicated gpu,

if so did you plug the displayport into it

if not does your cpu have an igpu?

I did try the Display Port with both ports in the GPU, but it didn't work. I even tried plugging it into the motherboard, but it didn't work either. No, my CPU doesn't have an iGPU. It's a Ryzen 2600

Ryzen 5 2600 | Asus ROG Strix GTX 1660 Ti | Asus ROG Strix B450-E | Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB (2x8) RAM 3200MHZ 16CL | Cooler Master Mastercase H500 | TX650M GOLD | 2TB WD BLUE 5400 RPM | 500GB SATA SSD | Asus MG248QE Monitor| ---------- | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse | SkullCandy Crusher Wireless Headphones | Trash $6 membrane keyboard from a brand which I can't read the name of because it's literally so cheap that the company's logo hasn't been printed right and the letters are unclear and now that we're at it it's so loud and hurts my fingertips I honestly regret buying it I wish I'd bought normal ram sticks instead of corsair's overpriced rgb ones and with the money I saved buy a better keyboard instead

Just now, barondeau said:

Does the GPU power up (fans spin)?
Can you try a different port on the monitor or a different monitor entirely?

Yes. Everything works in the build. The GPU lights up and spins. No, I unfortunately have no other monitors...

Nevermind. I just contacted Asus and they told me the CMW16GX4M2C3200C16 RAM is not compatible with the B450-E board. How stupid of me to forget to check RAM compatability. Without a bit of exaggeration, I've never been more disappointed in my entire life. I wish I never knew until tomorrow so that I can at least sleep without caring lol

1 minute ago, barondeau said:

I would never have suspected the ram

Any way to solve this other than using a different RAM?

Just now, barondeau said:

That's the product's page what does it have to do with compatibility with the B450 board

Making sure we are talking about the same ram, but it should be compatible, also can you try anything else out on the monitor in question, 

2 minutes ago, barondeau said:

Making sure we are talking about the same ram, but it should be compatible, also can you try anything else out on the monitor in question, 

Well, yeah it is the same ram with the same model number, but how would you know it's compatible if it's not on the list of Compatible memory of the B450 board? Also, how do you think I should try the monitor in question? I have no idea and no cables. Will probably have to wait till tomorrow to try an HDMI or so

12 minutes ago, Deathtroya said:

Nevermind. I just contacted Asus and they told me the CMW16GX4M2C3200C16 RAM is not compatible with the B450-E board. How stupid of me to forget to check RAM compatability. Without a bit of exaggeration, I've never been more disappointed in my entire life. I wish I never knew until tomorrow so that I can at least sleep without caring lol

Don't trust them lol, i had some problems with ram which was compatible according to asus' list snd the ram list, both in an email for which i had to wait half a week they that it wouldn't work. In the end i just did a bios update and everything was ok. :|

I'd suggest trying a different cable(/monitor if possible). It might even be a faulty port on the monitor.

If you're formally an engineer, avoid responsibility. That's what senior engineers get paid for.

It isn't your ram most likely, something with the gpu or the monitor is not working it seems

If you're formally an engineer, avoid responsibility. That's what senior engineers get paid for.

1 minute ago, TheThymo said:

Don't trust them lol, i had some problems with ram which was compatible according to asus' list snd the ram list, both in an email for which i had to wait half a week they that it wouldn't work. In the end i just did a bios update and everything was ok. :|

I'd suggest trying a different cable(/monitor if possible). It might even be a faulty port on the monitor.

Thanks! This actually gave me a bit of hope! Will try with HDMI tomorrow...It'll work hopefully

1 minute ago, TheThymo said:

It isn't your ram most likely, something with the gpu or the monitor is not working it seems

The GPU clicked into the Armor, I screwed it well to its 2 lanes. When I turn the PC on, its led is lighting in BLUE at the top, and it's breathing red RGB and the fans are spinning, so I believe there are no problems with the GPU, what do you think?

6 minutes ago, Deathtroya said:

The GPU clicked into the Armor, I screwed it well to its 2 lanes. When I turn the PC on, its led is lighting in BLUE at the top, and it's breathing red RGB and the fans are spinning, so I believe there are no problems with the GPU, what do you think?

Some questions:

Have you installes the gpu in the (top) highest slot x16 on the mobo?

Do you have another gpu laying around? (Or pc you can take one from)?

Do you have another monitor? (And/or another dp-cable)?

26 minutes ago, TheThymo said:

Some questions:

Have you installes the gpu in the (top) highest slot x16 on the mobo?

Do you have another gpu laying around? (Or pc you can take one from)?

Do you have another monitor? (And/or another dp-cable)?

Yes, I installed it in the x16 slot at the top.

Unfortunately not. This is my first ever PC build. But as I told you, this one is definitely working. Glowing white led on top, red RGB breathing, and working fans.

I don't have another monitor OR another DP cable, unfortunately. I'll make sure to get an HDMI tomorrow, though. I'll also get another DP if I find it at a decent price...

8 hours ago, Deathtroya said:

Yes, I installed it in the x16 slot at the top.

Unfortunately not. This is my first ever PC build. But as I told you, this one is definitely working. Glowing white led on top, red RGB breathing, and working fans.

I don't have another monitor OR another DP cable, unfortunately. I'll make sure to get an HDMI tomorrow, though. I'll also get another DP if I find it at a decent price...

Sorry for the late reply but for me it was time so get some sleep ;) if the rgb works it doesn't mean the gpu works, just that it is getting power.

Let me know what happens with the other cable(s)

UPDATE : ThankGod, it finally works. The problem was with either the Display Port Entrance on the Monitor, or in the cable itself. When I tried the HDMI cable, everything was fine and I'm currently installing Windows. Thank you all so much for your help! ❤️