3770 - Upgrade now or wait for BF...or next year?

Dropping in today to get some feedback.  I'm running a 2012 system sporting an i7 3770. (Specs in sig).  This old workhorse has been running my everything for a long time.  I finally started seeing some lag so I bought a server and started moving my 24x7 services to that, freeing up my rig.  I'm finding that it wasn't enough though and I think she's just showing her age.  It's been running great, doing everything from browsing, to programming, to gaming...CS:GO to PUBG & Overwatch at 4k....kinda.  Recently I've been noticing a lot of stuttering and lag in PUBG (go figure).  This fixed a lot of my stuttering issues, but then I tried to stream.  Big mistake.  She just can't hack it as a single game/stream rig.  CPU gets PEGGED and PUBG lags like no other.

I'm a pretty high-tech person, but I do rock a budget as a Husband and Father....my hobbies take a backseat, so I'm always eyeing to get the best prices.  I do, however, like to buy future-proof items where I can.  I'm willing to pay for quality and longevity.  Note my rig last rebuilt in 2012 (GPU added later...coming up from a GTS 450!).  I've been reading conflicting information on the direction of RAM and Flash prices, and I'm seeing deals right now on Ryzen Gen3 CPU + x570 combos and I'm wondering if NOW is the time, or if Black Friday will bring better deals....or if I could even hold off until next year sometime.  Mostly I'll be looking for a new Motherboard, CPU, and RAM...and any other required upgrades.  Not sure if my 2012 CPU AIO will fit an AM4...or if it's wise to keep running it....  Might like to spring for an NVMe SSD....  Case, GPU, Power Supply and all peripherals will remain as-is for now.  Also...like all good PCMR's I like my RGBezzzzzz.... So... Following that I have an ASUS ROG Strix GPU, I'd like to pair that with an ASUS motherboard and possibly AURA compatible RAM.  Assuming ASUS's software doesn't nearly kill my PC again. (story for another time).  I've liked my ASRock, but I'm hearing they're not as good?  Haven't had ASUS in YEARS before buying the 1070 and used to have tons of issues and support sucked.  Hoping that's better now.  Haven't had AMD in years either...so this will be a shift for me.

Mine:

Gaming Tower (last rebuild 2012): i7 3770 (non-K) sitting in an ASRock z77 Extreme 4 also housing 12GB of RAM (Crucial Ballistix...LEDs...pre-RGB craze).  Cooled by an Antec Kuhler AIO water cooler.  This is powered by a SeaSonic M12ii 750 PSU.  Windows 10 is displayed on a combo of a 28" 4k Samsung UE590 and an older 22" Samsung FHD monitor; driven by an ASUS ROG Strix nVidia GTX 1070.  Illuminated by a set of CoolerMaster RGB fans and an RGB strip, all wrapped in Corsair's C70 black case.  Input accepted by a Logitech K800 illuminated wireless keyboard and G602 wireless mouse.  Sound provided by onboard audio via 5.1 Logitech surround sound or JVC HARX900 Headphones or gaming on Logitech's G533 wireless headset.

Server: Dell r710 running unRAID. 2x 6c/12t Xeon E5649, 72GB RAM, 10.3TB main array + 4TB cache, RAID 1 x 256GB SSD cache.

Main portable: HP Elite x2 1012 G2 - Core i5, 8gb ram 256gb nvme.

Zombie portable (literally thought it died...powered on years later headed for the e-waste pile): Dell Venue 11 pro.

Handheld: Samsung Galaxy Note 9.

If you are worried about ram prices then i would get atleast the ram some time soon and wait till cyber monday to get the rest. Mabey a new psu while your at it.

There will always be something new or a deal right around the corner. The best time to build is when you need an upgrade.

SSD Firmware Engineer

| Dual Boot Linux Mint and W8.1 Pro x64 with rEFInd Boot Manager | Intel Core i7-4770k | Corsair H100i | ASRock Z87 Extreme4 | 32 GB (4x8gb) 1600MHz CL8 | EVGA GTX970 FTW+ | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 P2 | 500GB Samsung 850 Evo |250GB Samsung 840 Evo | 3x1Tb HDD | 4 LG UH12NS30 BD Drives | LSI HBA | Corsair Carbide 500R Case | Das Keyboard 4 Ultimate | Logitech M510 Mouse | Corsair Vengeance 2100 Wireless Headset | 4 Monoprice Displays - 3x27"4k bottom, 27" 1440p top | Logitech Z-2300 Speakers |