Getting Black Flicker When Gaming

PickleWickle
Go to solution Solved by Fr4nt1s3k,

Disable Freesync / G-sync in global settings, application settings and monitor itself.
It will fix your problem and you probably won't notice a few torn pictures at those refresh rates.

If this helps, you can try playing with those Freesync settings a bit (enable globally, enable in application etc....). Black screen for a few seconds hapens when you switch from disabled/enabled "sync" environment (desktop with Freesync, game without Freesync enabled).

Just recently my Acer XF250Q started to give me a 2-3 second black screen when gaming. It happens randomly and quite often. I can be playing CS:GO and in one round it could happen 1-3 times. At first I was thinking it was my Display port so I ordered a new one, that didn't fix it. Then I realized it could be the Pcie extension for my gpu is not working properly. I removed it and put my 1070ti back on to the normal motherboard slot. Then I upgraded my GPU to a rx5700xt and surprisingly that didint fix it. So before I buy a new Monitor is there anyway it can be my mobo, ram, or powersupply? Maybe I need to change something in my settings. And does this sound like a monitor is dying? Please let me know if you guys know the solution to this problem. 

Hi there,

with

it was my Display port

you mean your DisplayPort cable? If yes then how about trying another port like HDMI? Maybe your DisplayPort on your monitor is some kinda broken.

Disable Freesync / G-sync in global settings, application settings and monitor itself.
It will fix your problem and you probably won't notice a few torn pictures at those refresh rates.

If this helps, you can try playing with those Freesync settings a bit (enable globally, enable in application etc....). Black screen for a few seconds hapens when you switch from disabled/enabled "sync" environment (desktop with Freesync, game without Freesync enabled).

On 7/30/2019 at 4:41 AM, Fr4nt1s3k said:

I think this worked, Ive been playing for some time and I havent had a problem. Thanks so much