Wireless Headphones

max668

Can anyone help me chose good Wireless Headphones with good battery life.

I have good headphones but when ever I have to get up and walk away from my desk to pick something up ( a print from my printer for example )  I have to take them off and it really takes me out of my flow when I am listening to music.

I dont know the pricing of wireless headphones but I would guess my budget would be around a 100 dollars.

BTW  my computer doesn't have a Bluetooth card and I dont believer my motherboard as a built in Bluetooth  ( Ive build my own pc )

O and yes I do game from time to time.. Idk if that matters

Thanks for your help

So you want headphones with a usb that you can stick to your pc or are u planning to get a bluetooth card?

Just now, ManosMax13 said:

So you want headphones with a usb that you can stick to your pc or are u planning to get a bluetooth card?

I am considering my options atm.

What do you think is a better option for me ?

I think it is better to get a bluetooth card and a bluetooth pair of headphones because you can just listen to music when working or gaming and then if you wanna go get something to eat for example you just continue listening via your smartphone.

Sony MDR-XB950N1 Black

AKG Y45BT Black

Fresh 'n Rebel Clam Storm Grey

Skullcandy Hesh 3 Black

Sennheiser HD 4.50 BTNC

Sennheiser HD 4.40BT

These are just some recommendations

3 minutes ago, ManosMax13 said:

I think it is better to get a bluetooth card and a bluetooth pair of headphones because you can just listen to music when working or gaming and then if you wanna go get something to eat for example you just continue listening via your smartphone.

why is Bluetooth card better then a usb stick Bluetooth  ? better connection ?

1 minute ago, max668 said:

why is Bluetooth card better then a usb stick Bluetooth  ? better connection ?

You can buy both for your purposes but with wifi and bluetooth sticks in my expierence at least the connection is not stable so a Bluetooth card would be recommended.

ATH-M50X BT have 40 hour battery life. In my 2 years of college, they only died twice 

i7 6700k, GTX 1080, Crucial MX 300, Maximus VII Hero, WD Blue, 16 GB RAM

54 minutes ago, KING OF THE DIRTY DANS said:

ATH-M50X BT have 40 hour battery life. In my 2 years of college, they only died twice 

I mean, its a fine selection (not what I would pick personally, but nothing wrong with the m50xBT, we are resellers of them for a reason) - But...

They've only been out for 11 months (Oct 30, 2018) I thought. How have you owned them for 2 years!? :) 

Director of Marketing for Antlion Audio, creators of the ModMic.

More info at www.ModMic.com

Ask questions, I'm friendly!

2 minutes ago, AAJoe said:

I mean, its a fine selection (not what I would pick personally, but nothing wrong with the m50xBT, we are resellers of them for a reason) - But...

They've only been out for 11 months (Oct 30, 2018) I thought. How have you owned them for 2 years!? :) 

You beat me to it !

That is a fine question

1 hour ago, AAJoe said:

During my 2 years of college, I have had them for a good portion 

i7 6700k, GTX 1080, Crucial MX 300, Maximus VII Hero, WD Blue, 16 GB RAM

@max668 I think you need to make some decisions on what you really want. The nice thing about BT is the decisions tend to be very clear cut, with way less nuance than wired headphones.

1) How important is low latency (for gaming)?

2) How important is a built in mic?

3) How important is overall sound quality?

4) How important is comfort?

5) How much do you REALLY want to spend? (You posted $100, then $200 and its a massive difference in what you can get between those two).

For example: For low latency you need either the "gaming" headset like the HS70 (or basically any other gaming peripheral) OR the Sennheiser RS165 OR a headphone using aptXLL and an aptxLL transmitter.

For a built in mic you're stuck with gaming headsets (or a wireless ModMic! ... lol but that will put you way over budget, but hey, gotta plug my product!)

For overall sound quality you're best off avoiding the headsets and sticking to the M50xBT or something like the Sennheiser 4.4 or RS165.

For comfort I personally don't like most gaming headsets and once again end up with the Sennheiser 4.4 or once again the RS 165. This is also where the M50x fails me, though it isn't terrible or anything. I have not actually tested the BT version, just the wired version, so maybe the BT version is more comfortable?

And then the big question is budget. You see in my list I keep hammering the RS165 because it checked a lot of the boxes - comfort, speed, sound quality... but! 1) It is ugly and 2) It is $165 and 3) it does NOT pair with your phone so it is an in-home only ietm.

If ~$100 is your max the 4.4 BT is awesome, but not great for gaming (No mic and relatively high latency). If you can spend more maybe the M50xBT is worth it (Do some research).

If you need that mic and low latency you can pick up the HS70 or Cloud Flight and be done with it :)

Director of Marketing for Antlion Audio, creators of the ModMic.

More info at www.ModMic.com

Ask questions, I'm friendly!

On 7/19/2019 at 2:17 PM, AAJoe said:

@max668 I think you need to make some decisions on what you really want. The nice thing about BT is the decisions tend to be very clear cut, with way less nuance than wired headphones.

1) How important is low latency (for gaming)?

2) How important is a built in mic?

3) How important is overall sound quality?

4) How important is comfort?

5) How much do you REALLY want to spend? (You posted $100, then $200 and its a massive difference in what you can get between those two).

For example: For low latency you need either the "gaming" headset like the HS70 (or basically any other gaming peripheral) OR the Sennheiser RS165 OR a headphone using aptXLL and an aptxLL transmitter.

For a built in mic you're stuck with gaming headsets (or a wireless ModMic! ... lol but that will put you way over budget, but hey, gotta plug my product!)

For overall sound quality you're best off avoiding the headsets and sticking to the M50xBT or something like the Sennheiser 4.4 or RS165.

For comfort I personally don't like most gaming headsets and once again end up with the Sennheiser 4.4 or once again the RS 165. This is also where the M50x fails me, though it isn't terrible or anything. I have not actually tested the BT version, just the wired version, so maybe the BT version is more comfortable?

And then the big question is budget. You see in my list I keep hammering the RS165 because it checked a lot of the boxes - comfort, speed, sound quality... but! 1) It is ugly and 2) It is $165 and 3) it does NOT pair with your phone so it is an in-home only ietm.

If ~$100 is your max the 4.4 BT is awesome, but not great for gaming (No mic and relatively high latency). If you can spend more maybe the M50xBT is worth it (Do some research).

If you need that mic and low latency you can pick up the HS70 or Cloud Flight and be done with it :)

I got the HS70 they are nice and low price.

They feel nice