Need help!

Need help with why it only using 8gb of ram when it even says 16gb installed, was working then just randomly started doing this

RAM.png

Because your RAM ist reserverd for Hardware, do you have an APU in your System? Or check if Pagefiling is active and how much. ;)

3 minutes ago, GnB said:

Because your RAM ist reserverd for Hardware, do you have an APU in your System? Or check if Pagefiling is active and how much. ;)

i dont have an apu, how do i check Pagefiling?

2 minutes ago, Braydan12 said:

i dont have an apu, how do i check Pagefiling?

Linus made an entire video about how much ram you need and when pagefiling kicks in etc. first of all I'd suggest: just google ;)

Just now, GnB said:

Linus made an entire video about how much ram you need and when pagefiling kicks in etc. first of all I'd suggest: just google ;)

Not if it has nothing to do with pagefiles.

1 minute ago, GnB said:

do you know what video it was?

Try and update Windows. A couple updates ago this happened to me, Task manager was telling me a few ridiculous things and not the correct RAM speeds. An update a couple days later solved the issue

Intel Core i7 9700F / Cooler Master 212 Evo / GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER / 16 GB G.SKILL RAM @ 2666MHz / GA-B365M-DS3H / EVGA 500w PSU

HP Pavilion Gaming 15 / Ryzen 5 4600H / GeForce GTX 1050 / 8 GB @ 3200MHz

Just now, TechyBen said:

Not if it has nothing to do with pagefiles.

Yes but Idk what he uses his pc for.. maybe 50 tabs with ltt content? :D
To be honest I dont now "much" about pagefiling but these are the only two things that are "possibly the error". Or he just created a RAM Disk unintentionaly.?

1 hour ago, Brent744 said:

Try and update Windows. A couple updates ago this happened to me, Task manager was telling me a few ridiculous things and not the correct RAM speeds. An update a couple days later solved the issue

An update is the best thing I can think of especially when 8.1GB is reserved for hardware. The OP should manually seek out update 1903 if it isn't automatically available. 1809 had lots of problems.