Graphics Card Block Leaking

Go to solution Solved by SolarNova,

@Synedisis

If its anything like normal EKWB blocks, it wont void your 'normal' warranty however it will void leak protection warranty.

See below

https://www.ekwb.com/blog/did-you-know-that-you-can-open-your-blocks-without-voiding-warranty/

In other words so long as you dont OPEN the block and break the seal, tightening the screws only wont void the warranty. if you decide to open it however, and break the sticker/seal it will void future leak protection warranty.

Removing the block from the GPU also will not void you warranty.

EKWB is generally very good when it comes to their warranties as they are fully aware of how their products are used.

That said. The card is a MSi seahawk, so its MSi you would be dealing with, so long as there are no stickers or seals preventing you from removing the block form the card, it will not void warranty.

As for links to work off, no, however the scews and allenhead bolts used to tighten down the block should be accessible without the need to remove the block entirely. Just tighten down the ones you can get to and hopefully that will work. I dont know how the seahawk decal on the front is applied to the block, hopefully its removable without damaging it as it looks like it will be covering a bunch of the bolt/screws that you would need access to,to tighten them up a bit.

Just finished my custom loop (hardline) 

and I noticed that my MSI Seahawk EK X 2080ti was leaking in the bottom left & right corners. I have it on a vertical gpu mount from Cooler Master because it wouldn’t fit in my case otherwise. Anyone have any solutions? I can’t find anything online, and I also haven’t had to install/uninstall a waterblock for a gpu before. 

UPDATE: Problem with O-ring being loose. Had to take off the warranty void if removed sticker to take the waterblock off but apparently they're illegal? Did it anyways but oh well.

Thermaltake Overseer RX-1
Intel i7-4930K
Asus RoG-Strix 1070ti A8G 
Asus P9X79 
Corsair Vengance 16GB DDR3 (4 x 4gb) RAM
Thermaltake Frio
Corsair HX750 
Samsung 860 Evo 500gb
Seagate Firecuda 2tb

Shouldn't be leaking. You can get it replaced under warranty or try fix it urself.

Its a standard EK block with a custom decal, so disassembly is relatively simple.

Its a cold plate with an acrylic top , uses a o-ring to seal. Chances are it isnt tightened down enough.

Remove the block from the GPU then give all the screws/bolts a slight tighten. Dont over tighten.

You can test it befor remounting to the GPU/card , just plumb it into the loop and run the loop for a bit.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

2 minutes ago, SolarNova said:

Shouldn't be leaking. You can get it replaced under warranty or try fix it urself.

Its a standard EK block with a custom decal, so disassembly is relatively simple.

Its a cold plate with an acrylic top , uses a o-ring to seal. Chances are it isnt tightened down enough.

Remove the block from the GPU then give all the screws/bolts a slight tighten. Dont over tighten.

You can test it befor remounting to the GPU/card , just plumb it into the loop and run the loop for a bit.

If I try to fix it myself would it get rid of the warranty? If not I'd be fine trying to fix it, would you happen to have a link for something I can work off of?

Thermaltake Overseer RX-1
Intel i7-4930K
Asus RoG-Strix 1070ti A8G 
Asus P9X79 
Corsair Vengance 16GB DDR3 (4 x 4gb) RAM
Thermaltake Frio
Corsair HX750 
Samsung 860 Evo 500gb
Seagate Firecuda 2tb

@Synedisis

If its anything like normal EKWB blocks, it wont void your 'normal' warranty however it will void leak protection warranty.

See below

https://www.ekwb.com/blog/did-you-know-that-you-can-open-your-blocks-without-voiding-warranty/

In other words so long as you dont OPEN the block and break the seal, tightening the screws only wont void the warranty. if you decide to open it however, and break the sticker/seal it will void future leak protection warranty.

Removing the block from the GPU also will not void you warranty.

EKWB is generally very good when it comes to their warranties as they are fully aware of how their products are used.

That said. The card is a MSi seahawk, so its MSi you would be dealing with, so long as there are no stickers or seals preventing you from removing the block form the card, it will not void warranty.

As for links to work off, no, however the scews and allenhead bolts used to tighten down the block should be accessible without the need to remove the block entirely. Just tighten down the ones you can get to and hopefully that will work. I dont know how the seahawk decal on the front is applied to the block, hopefully its removable without damaging it as it looks like it will be covering a bunch of the bolt/screws that you would need access to,to tighten them up a bit.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |