GPU Severely Unstable

CastleCrusher

To get to the point, I got a 780 ti from a friend that he said was soft bricked, flashed the stock VBIOS, fixed driver issues, gamed on it happily for a while, water-cooled it to cool it down (its a reference card), flashed Skynet BIOS to boost performance, gamed happily again for a while, then I started noticing the screen going black occasionally. It soon got more severe, so I thought welp, the drivers are fine must be the modded BIOS, so I went back to stock...

Nothing changed

Went into safe mode and DDUed everything to reinstall drivers, still nothing and by then it got worse, at times it would BSOD before finishing it's boot and on the lock screen. Okay, reseated the memory and placed them in the correct dimm slots, still nothing. Windows 8 is cool, let's try a different OS, same problems. Maybe building another PC will see what's wrong, same problems. Different PSU, same problems. I tried running Superposition Benchmark for stability and that caused what seems to be permanent blue artifacts from when it posts all the way to the desktop. I know the reference cooler isn't very capable but no stress was on the card every time it crashed, BSODed, etc.

As far as physical damage goes on the card, there is a tiny little chip in the corner of the GPU but that's been there for as long as I've had the card and since my friend got it.

So, should I prepare a funeral for my card? I'd assume that if the issues stayed on 3 different machines and it artifacts everywhere I go now, it's on its way to GPU heaven?

IMG_20190714_144426.jpg

IMG_20190714_144329.jpg

IMG_20190714_144438.jpg

IMG_20190714_144431.jpg

5 minutes ago, eemunni said:

Prepare to pay some bills for gpu funerals

Yeah oh well didn't cost me anything, it's still a shame, not only was it pretty darn powerful, but I made some really cool mods to the cooler to, blue carbon fiber on the shroud and I made the GeForce led white. 

1 minute ago, KarathKasun said:

Dead VRAM/memory controller.  Bummer.

Oh well, at least now I have an excuse to look for another graphics card...