RED MINI-MAG SCAM

Theeditor
5 minutes ago, Firewrath9 said:

He doesn’t give a fk about price, besides he already bought it.

This is true, but grossly misrepresenting what your product is, is just plain wrong

But afaik, on their website The only strings red says about the mini mags, is that they are faster than their predecessor (mini mag 1.8). Which is prob true, 300MB/s, prob true,  aluminum, waterproof. Just because it’s stupidly expensive for no reason doesn’t mean it’s grossly misrepresented. An MBP 15” costs 1000$ more than other laptops with similar specs, is that “misrepresented”?

Nothing new here, companies "rebrand" existing hardware all of the time and markup the price because of the label but that's also because of the included support for it. Just because they are the exact same product doesn't mean they're worth the same amount.

-KuJoe

6 minutes ago, Theeditor said:

This is true, but grossly misrepresenting what your product is, is just plain wrong

I saw this video on YouTube  about the Red Mini Mag its crazy the work this guy did

I think the issue is that there is a legal battle against a thrid party trying to sell cheapo alternatives to the mini mag and red came to say Its not just an ssd, there is some propietary firmware involved (that looks like is not the case) and also the fact that they are sold as 512GB drives but the ssd inside is 480GB 

Previously posted in the news section,

Please go there to continue discussion.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER