Hidevolution, yay or nay??

Hey everyone,

I've been looking at online retailers to purchase a laptop from (currently eyeing the MSI GS65 RTX 2080) when I came across Hidevolution.  During those customization menu, there is an option to get the screen with lowest backlight bleed.

Thing is, I know all LCD screens bleed backlight in varying degrees, so I wonder if it is worth it to pay them a hundred USD for this.  I would appreciate it if someone who has purchased from them frequently, or usually does business with them could come up and talk about their experiences with Hidevolution.

The reason I am going with custom laptop retailers, is because I am interested to get the machine repasted with liquid metal (gaming oomph), I'd appreciate any advice regarding getting someone else to do it or DIY it.

Is it an IPS panel? If so, there would be sense in doing so.

However! Linus mentioned on the wan show that liquid metaling a laptop is a bad idea. Liquid metal has no surface tension, and it tends to seep out, potentially frying your shiny new computer. I personally wouldn't risk it.

I once gave Luke and Linus pizza.

Proud member of the ITX club.

**SCRAPYARD WARS!!!!**

#BringBackLuke

3 hours ago, LukeLinusFanFic said:

Is it an IPS panel? If so, there would be sense in doing so.

However! Linus mentioned on the wan show that liquid metaling a laptop is a bad idea. Liquid metal has no surface tension, and it tends to seep out, potentially frying your shiny new computer. I personally wouldn't risk it.

Yeah, that is a concern but I've seen so many people go around that by either using electrical tape or clear nail polish to cover the metal contacts

13 hours ago, umairshariff23 said:

Hey everyone,

I've been looking at online retailers to purchase a laptop from (currently eyeing the MSI GS65 RTX 2080) when I came across Hidevolution.  During those customization menu, there is an option to get the screen with lowest backlight bleed.

Thing is, I know all LCD screens bleed backlight in varying degrees, so I wonder if it is worth it to pay them a hundred USD for this.  I would appreciate it if someone who has purchased from them frequently, or usually does business with them could come up and talk about their experiences with Hidevolution.

The reason I am going with custom laptop retailers, is because I am interested to get the machine repasted with liquid metal (gaming oomph), I'd appreciate any advice regarding getting someone else to do it or DIY it.

I've been purchasing laptops from them for the past 5 years, 4 laptops in total to be exact. I have always opted for that service because the last thing I want while I sit here in Dubai eagerly waiting for my laptop to arrive is to get a laptop with excessive backlight bleeding which I know I can't live with.

I never had any backlight bleeding in any of the laptops that I bought which were 2 Clevo P870DM and P8970DM3, 2 MSI GT73VR Titan Pro and 1 MSI GT75 Titan

Like you, I chose them for their good reputation, great customer service, and best of all their thermal upgrades. I know how to repaste a CPU myself but when it comes to liquid metal which I highly recommend (Thermal Grizzly Conductonaut is what you want), they have their proprietary method of application which prevents spillage so you're safe even if you were to move the laptop around in addition to the Fujipoly Extreme Thermal pads which they apply which I have no clue nor the patience on how to do it.

Email donald@hidevolution.com he was my salesman you might get a small discount.

PS: all my laptops had liquid metal and I take my laptop with my everywhere, not once did I have an issue plus if they do it, it's covered under warranty.

Here's an image of my Clevo P870DM build with Liquid Ultra applied:

1QI2WhL.jpg

Alienware m16 R1 | AMD Ryzen 9 7945HX | SK Hynix 64 GB 5200 MHz DDR5 RAM | GeForce RTX 4090 16 GB GDDR6 | 16" QHD+ (2560 x 1600) 240Hz, 3ms 300-nits Screen | 2x Samsung 990 PRO 4TB SSDs + WD_BLACK SN770M 2TB SSD | Intel Wi-Fi 6E AX210 | Windows 11 Pro

6 minutes ago, Ultra Male said:

I've been purchasing laptops from them for the past 5 years, 4 laptops in total to be exact. I have always opted for that service because the last thing I want while I sit here in Dubai eagerly waiting for my laptop to arrive is to get a laptop with excessive backlight bleeding which I know I can't live with.

I never had any backlight bleeding in any of the laptops that I bought which were 2 Clevo P870DM and P8970DM3, 2 MSI GT73VR Titan Pro and 1 MSI GT75 Titan

Like you, I chose them for their good reputation, great customer service, and best of all their thermal upgrades. I know how to repaste a CPU myself but when it comes to liquid metal which I highly recommend (Thermal Grizzly Conductonaut is what you want), they have their proprietary method of application which prevents spillage so you're safe even if you were to move the laptop around in addition to the Fujipoly Extreme Thermal pads which they apply which I have no clue nor the patience on how to do it.

Email donald@hidevolution.com he was my salesman you might get a small discount.

PS: all my laptops had liquid metal and I take my laptop with my everywhere, not once did I have an issue plus if they do it, it's covered under warranty.

Here's an image of my Clevo P870DM build with Liquid Ultra applied:

1QI2WhL.jpg

Wow, this was quite elaborate.  Thank you for weighing in on this.  I will make sure to get in touch with Donald for any details.  

Since you've been buying liquid cooled laptops for years, have you observed any issues when it comes to thermal compound deterioration, especially after the warranty period has run out??

12 minutes ago, umairshariff23 said:

Wow, this was quite elaborate.  Thank you for weighing in on this.  I will make sure to get in touch with Donald for any details.  

Since you've been buying liquid cooled laptops for years, have you observed any issues when it comes to thermal compound deterioration, especially after the warranty period has run out??

Never! You see, I and the enthusiasts at the Notebook Review forum swear by Liquid Metal. 1) for its super high conductivity which leads to better head dissipiation = better temps and 2) It has always lasted me and other trusted people I know for the life of the laptop. Liquid Metal does NOT, I repeat, Does NOT dry out like traditional thermal paste which needs to be re-pasted every 6 months to 1 year for optimal performance.

Now, most recent laptop which you see in my sig, I had to buy it here locally in Dubai as I was in a rush and couldn't wait since I sold my last MSI GT75 Titan, I repasteed it myself, you will see I applied Thermal Grizzly Conductonaut on the CPU and PHOBYA Nanogrease on the GPU using the X Cross method (only for non liquid metal) which gives the least air bubbles with max coverage:

Ik1SDBL.jpg

Alienware m16 R1 | AMD Ryzen 9 7945HX | SK Hynix 64 GB 5200 MHz DDR5 RAM | GeForce RTX 4090 16 GB GDDR6 | 16" QHD+ (2560 x 1600) 240Hz, 3ms 300-nits Screen | 2x Samsung 990 PRO 4TB SSDs + WD_BLACK SN770M 2TB SSD | Intel Wi-Fi 6E AX210 | Windows 11 Pro

4 minutes ago, Ultra Male said:

Never! You see, I and the enthusiasts at the Notebook Review forum swear by Liquid Metal. 1) for its super high conductivity which leads to better head dissipiation = better temps and 2) It has always lasted me and other trusted people I know for the life of the laptop. Liquid Metal does NOT, I repeat, Does NOT dry out like traditional thermal paste which needs to be re-pasted every 6 months to 1 year for optimal performance.

Now, most recent laptop which you see in my sig, I had to buy it here locally in Dubai as I was in a rush and couldn't wait since I sold my last MSI GT75 Titan, I repasteed it myself, you will see I applied Thermal Grizzly Conductonaut on the CPU and PHOBYA Nanogrease on the GPU using the X Cross method (only for non liquid metal) which gives the least air bubbles with max coverage:

Ik1SDBL.jpg

Thank you for your prompt response.  I've gained quite an insight into the reliability of liquid metal.  I'll be sure to post an update here, once I order and receive my laptop.

Cheers