AIO Coolers with fan?

Hi, first post on the forums ?

After listening to a lot of videos mentioning the importance of VRM cooling and noticing motherboard manufacturers have been building boards with large passive heatsinks, I was wondering if there was any benefit to having an AIO liquid cooler with a low RPM fan mounted to it; in a way similar to what I drew below.

(sorry in advance for the MS Paint drawing ;p)

Just had this crazy idea for the last few weeks.  Ideas?  it's probably been tried and failed before but I have not seen anything like this before.  I know the AIO industry is a like "Our product is very quiet vs Air coolers!" yet we also use 1 to 3 [or 2-6 push/pull] 120-140mm high static pressure fans to cool our water

383254650_AIOWater-Fan.png.e213048bce6632058a1ea93901adb704.png

Nope, AIO pump is loud like a freakin fridge and I have had 4 different brand new ones from Corsair after 3 times my pump has gone south.  Now I put all my fans to 0 percent everything,, video card too. PSU fan doesn't spin.  All you hear is this nasty noise.  If you want a quiet system and want to overclock to the highest either you get a AIO and suffer with cheap fans and shitty pumps.  Get a Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 4.  My old man just build a rig Z390 Aorus Elite and 9900k we got him the DRP4 for almost 90 dollars which is a lot but much less then liquid cooling.  You can overclock the same on it and you will get same temps.  Benefit no stupid pump noise.  Also you might want to change the fans for the AIO and get a real fan not a shitty Corsair fan,, I got Noctua in my entire case,, no noise and keeps things cool.  Only noise happening here is the pump.  Now when I put the pump to balanced 2000rpm I hear nasty click click tick noises.  Then when I put it on performance at 2700rpm the noise is gone, however the pump begins to make this really annoying noise at that rpm.

Moral of the story, grab a DRP4 and call it a day.  I cant even hear my dads PC up close wheter it is on or off I can't tell.  Mine you can tell in a heart beat.  Ive had enough of this shit so on my next build Im using DRP4 ,, as liquid cooling can go fak itself.  Plus the pump has a life span,, it will die within a couple years.  Any questions let me know.

Asus Sabertooth x79 / 4930k @ 4500 @ 1.408v / Gigabyte WF 2080 RTX / Corsair VG 64GB @ 1866 & AX1600i & H115i Pro @ 2x Noctua NF-A14 / Carbide 330r Blackout

Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface / KRK Rokits 10" / Sennheiser HD 650 / Logitech G Pro Wireless Mouse & G915 Linear & G935 & C920 / SL 88 Grand / Cakewalk / NF-A14 Int P12 Ex
AOC 40" 4k Curved / LG 55" OLED C9 120hz / LaCie Porsche Design 2TB & 500GB / Samsung 950 Pro 500GB / 850 Pro 500GB / Crucial m4 500GB / Asus M.2 Card

Cryorig had some AIO's with a fan attached to the cooling block like their A80 and A40. 

Any active airflow over the motherboard components can help temps dramatically. 

That being said, it's usually not necessary unless you're oc'ing since they're usually designed to withstand relatively high temps. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

On 6/29/2019 at 3:21 PM, mccar42 said:

Hi, first post on the forums ?

After listening to a lot of videos mentioning the importance of VRM cooling and noticing motherboard manufacturers have been building boards with large passive heatsinks, I was wondering if there was any benefit to having an AIO liquid cooler with a low RPM fan mounted to it; in a way similar to what I drew below.

(sorry in advance for the MS Paint drawing ;p)

Just had this crazy idea for the last few weeks.  Ideas?  it's probably been tried and failed before but I have not seen anything like this before.  I know the AIO industry is a like "Our product is very quiet vs Air coolers!" yet we also use 1 to 3 [or 2-6 push/pull] 120-140mm high static pressure fans to cool our water

Cryorig made (still makes?) a couple of AIOs that have a 92mm fan built into the pump for VRM cooling. Cooler Master actually made a 92mm AIO that was designed with a fan as part of the cooler itself...kind weird to explain. Most modern motherboards designed to need VRM cooling already have good-enough heatsinks in place, and if you still need more, it's not that hard to direct airflow from another fan directly over the VRMs.

I enjoy buying junk and sinking more money than it's worth into it to make it less junk.