Roadblock Upgrading Dell Vostro 270s to i7

Hey all, I've currently hit a bit of a roadblock attempting to upgrade a Dell Vostro 270s. As of current it has a 3rd generation i3 installed, but I'd ideally prefer to upgrade to a 3rd gen i7 if possible. 

Regularly supported, the Dell website says that it supports up to 3rd gen i5s. I've seen a few articles about people being able to update the bios to A11 or something newer and being able to fully support i7s.

It's a B75 Express chipset, so no reason it shouldn't support it, I just would like to know for sure before hitting the purchase button. I'll have to update the bios etc., assuming it'll work, but the A11 bios support i7s on other boards.

Looking at the current config, with a BIOS update, I can't think of any reason in which upgrading to the i7 3770 wouldn't work. Has anybody has success with this? Any recommendations? I'm hoping this should work, could make for a very cheap gaming PC once upgraded. I got the system for free with 8gb of ram, and have an RX 580 on hand. As long as I can upgrade to the 3770, should be a great rig.

This is the current config:

• Intel Core i3 (3rd Gen) 3220 / 3.3 GHz
    • Number of Cores
      Dual-Core
    • Chipset Type
      Intel B75 Express
    • Processor Main Features
      Hyper-Threading Technology, Intel Smart Cache
    • Processor Socket
      LGA1155 Socket

• 2 months later...

Hi. I have this coniguraion. I've updated the bios, and installed de i7 3770 with 16gb of ram.

current setup:

Vostro 270s

i7 3770

16gb ddr3 kingston

240gb kingston ssd

no video card

i use hi PC only for medical work.