Graphic card to buy

EugeneLJR

Hi guys, its my first time posting a question here. I am currently in the midst of building a pc now.
Part I have so far are:
CPU: Ryzen 3000 series ( waiting for the release)
MOBO: X570 ( also waiting for the release)

Cooler: NZXT X62 and Cryorig H7
Ram: G.Skill Trident Z 32gb 3200Mhz (8gbx4)
PSU: Corsair RM650x
Storage: Samsung EVO 960 500gb (boot drive + softwares)
              Sandisk Ultra 3D 1TB ( for work)
Case: NZXT H500

As for the graphic card, I am unsure which route to go for. In my country, I can get a GTX1070/ti for below $205. OR Should I go for Vega 56 for $242. GTX1080 would run me for $363.

I mainly use the PC for Adobe Premiere pro, Adobe LightRoom, Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Media Encoder. Light gaming will be done as well but I only play League of Legends.
It will be running on a Prism+ X340 34" 3440 x 1440 100hz monitor and a 49 inch 4k LED TV

If there are other options I am all ears. 
Thank you in advance.

17 minutes ago, EugeneLJR said:

Hi guys, its my first time posting a question here. I am currently in the midst of building a pc now.
Part I have so far are:

As for the graphic card, I am unsure which route to go for. In my country, I can get a GTX1070/ti for below $205. OR Should I go for Vega 56 for $242. GTX1080 would run me for $363.

I mainly use the PC for Adobe Premiere pro, Adobe LightRoom, Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Media Encoder. Light gaming will be done as well but I only play League of Legends.
It will be running on a Prism+ X340 34" 3440 x 1440 100hz monitor and a 49 inch 4k LED TV

Thank you in advance.

If you are running productivity programs, I would get the 1080.

I lurk 

HP Spectre x360 13t late 2019
Core i5 1035g4
8gb ram
256GB NVME SSD
HP 24mh FHD Monitor 

OnePlus 5
Jabra evolve 75
Razer Blackwidow Lite

Steelseries Rival 3

26 minutes ago, EugeneLJR said:

Part I have so far are:

Thank you in advance.

I assume you're in Singapore(due to the monitor).

If so don't look at 10 series GPU pricing anymore, they are expensive as fuck. Check RTX 2060/2070. Vega is often pretty expensive too because people still buy it for mining.

If you're going to buy stuff from Sim Lim then go to Tradepac(#05-18), but make sure you know what prices you should be getting and what prices you want to bargain for. If you go in looking like you know your shit, you're gonna get the best prices in the entirety of Sim Lim Square. If you go in looking like you're clueless af, you're going home with paying 30-40% more on stuff. 

Just to show you how bad the upselling is there, I saw a guy come in for 'a cheap replacement motherboard for his i3-8100'. He ended up with a ROG Strix Z370(which he paid a lot more for than what it should sell for). I've seen at least 5 people get upsold like that. On the other hand, a system that costed me $2450 from other shops costed me $2180 at Tradepac, with a 7 day shop warranty. 

Also, at Sim Lim try not to go for ASUS or MSI for GPUs. They're horrendously overpriced there. Sometimes Gigabyte too. I stick to Zotac for higher end models and Palit for lower end models

@_d0nut a Vega 64 used is.cheaper than a 2070, but other than that, I agree with you.

I lurk 

Core i5 1035g4
8gb ram
256GB NVME SSD
HP 24mh FHD Monitor 

OnePlus 5
Jabra evolve 75
Razer Blackwidow Lite

Steelseries Rival 3

1 minute ago, Boinbo said:

@_d0nut a Vega 64 used is.cheaper than a 2070, but other than that, I agree with you.

In singapore, maybe not. I've seen some used vegas sell for decent prices, but mostly they are all expensive af. Also, it's rare to find used high end GPUs here in singapore, I'd see like 10-20 used RX570s on sale but only 1-3 1080s, and the 1080s were very expensive

Just now, _d0nut said:

In singapore, maybe not. I've seen some used vegas sell for decent prices, but mostly they are all expensive af. Also, it's rare to find used high end GPUs here in singapore, I'd see like 10-20 used RX570s on sale but only 1-3 1080s, and the 1080s were very expensive

Ahh ok. But did OO specify location? He does use dollars.

I lurk 

Core i5 1035g4
8gb ram
256GB NVME SSD
HP 24mh FHD Monitor 

OnePlus 5
Jabra evolve 75
Razer Blackwidow Lite

Steelseries Rival 3

5 minutes ago, Boinbo said:

Ahh ok. But did OO specify location? He does use dollars.

Singapore uses dollars, but SGD, not USD. He could have just converted them too, I do that when asking questions so I don't confuse people and because the majority of people here seem to be familiar with USD pricing.OP stated he had a Prism+ monitor too, which afaik is only available in Singapore right now

Just now, _d0nut said:

Singapore uses dollars, but SGD, not USD. He stated he had a Prism+ monitor, which afaik is only available in Singapore right now

Ahh ok 

I lurk 

Core i5 1035g4
8gb ram
256GB NVME SSD
HP 24mh FHD Monitor 

OnePlus 5
Jabra evolve 75
Razer Blackwidow Lite

Steelseries Rival 3

32 minutes ago, _d0nut said:

I assume you're in Singapore(due to the monitor).

If so don't look at 10 series GPU pricing anymore, they are expensive as fuck. Check RTX 2060/2070. Vega is often pretty expensive too because people still buy it for mining.

If you're going to buy stuff from Sim Lim then go to Tradepac(#05-18), but make sure you know what prices you should be getting and what prices you want to bargain for. If you go in looking like you know your shit, you're gonna get the best prices in the entirety of Sim Lim Square. If you go in looking like you're clueless af, you're going home with paying 30-40% more on stuff. 

Just to show you how bad the upselling is there, I saw a guy come in for 'a cheap replacement motherboard for his i3-8100'. He ended up with a ROG Strix Z370(which he paid a lot more for than what it should sell for). I've seen at least 5 people get upsold like that. On the other hand, a system that costed me $2450 from other shops costed me $2180 at Tradepac, with a 7 day shop warranty. 

Also, at Sim Lim try not to go for ASUS or MSI for GPUs. They're horrendously overpriced there. Sometimes Gigabyte too. I stick to Zotac for higher end models and Palit for lower end models

I am actually located in Malaysia. Next to Singapore. thanks for the responds by the way. RTX 2060 will cost me north of $400 and RTX 2070 goes for $600. The RTX2070 is a little more than I care spend. Plus I could get a GTX1080 at a lower price. Since I will not be benefiting from Ray Tracing. Maybe there would be a GTX1670 along the way? Just wanted to know whether or not I really need a GTX1080 or I could get a GTX1070ti instead. There are too many synthetic benchmark on youtube rather than real world experience.