IEM's under $200 USD?

Go to solution Solved by dantheton,

Dude I have to say get the GR07 MKII they are great. The build quality is excellent and sound is great.

But if money is your concern then RE-400 is the best value out of all of them.

Hello, I originally started a thread about what IEM's I should get for less than $100 and the best pair I saw were the SE 215's by Shure. I decided to invest more so now I moved my budget to $200 (USD). I want to know what is the best pair of IEM's that are both durable and sound great. I would like a decent warranty as well (2+ years). What do I want in regards to sound? Linus' (or Linus's) review of the Sennheiser IE80's is the description of what I would like. I have seen some options like the VSonic GR07's and still the Shure SE 215's. I would also like them to be comfortable and isolating.

So audio people, should I get the SE 215's or is there anything else that is better in the sub-$200 price.

Thank you in advance

-Sebs

Two things to say here. 
First, get what ever, all your choices are solid options and each has its drawbacks. 
Second, if people don't respond, don't bother them. 

Two things to say here. 

First, get what ever, all your choices are solid options and each has its drawbacks. 

Second, if people don't respond, don't bother them.

Ok, thanks. I'll go with the Shure's based on reviews and price.

Ok, thanks. I'll go with the Shure's based on reviews and price.

Protip, they have NO! mid range, so if you listen to lots of acoustic music they will suffer. 

Protip, they have NO! mid range, so if you listen to lots of acoustic music they will suffer.

Hm.. I guess I'll just have to see for myself. Whatever I get, though, will be easily an order of magnitude better than my current earphones.

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-MDR-E9LP-BLK-Earbud-Headphones/dp/B0015AFWD4

The RE-400's also look great

have you looked at the JayBird wireless IEM's? I use them every day and they are great, I go back and forth from school on the train and have used them for about 6 months, also have about 8 hours of battery. You can only use them over bluetooth though, so if you want something you can used on the PC and your phone, Steelseries Flux in ear pro's are also quite nice!

Dude I have to say get the GR07 MKII they are great. The build quality is excellent and sound is great.

But if money is your concern then RE-400 is the best value out of all of them.