Wireless USB?

ishould

Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but has anyone heard of a wireless USB device to transfer USB signals? Seems like you could have a dongle plugged into your computer and another dongle plugged into something else (in my case a phone), and have those dongles communicate with one another to send pure USB signals.

I'm having trouble googling it, only finding wifi adapters when I google "wireless usb" :\

No such thing as wireless USB. Bluetooth perhaps?

Some devices (Mice, keyboards, etc...) will use their own USB dongles for connecting to the device wirelessly, but that's usually device specific, specific to a certain range of devices, or it's just bluetooth.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

I was looking for a way to plug my phone into my car (for android auto) without having to use a cable. It's not going to be upgraded to the new Wireless Android Auto

8 minutes ago, ishould said:

I was looking for a way to plug my phone into my car (for android auto) without having to use a cable. It's not going to be upgraded to the new Wireless Android Auto

You're looking for Bluetooth then. If your car doesn't support it currently, you're going to have to deal with using a cable, or upgrade your car.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

It has bluetooth but only for text/music, I was wanting to get the maps feature working. Oh well, thanks anyway