USB Bluetooth dongles

Delicieuxz

I have one of these CSR dongles and it isn't always that great. It says it can broadcast 20 to 50 meters, but seems to me like total BS. Using it with a gamepad, it barely works at a distance of 3 or meters where there isn't anything obstructing the signal. And at any range, it often flickers in and out of reception, and sometimes completely disconnects my PS4 controller while playing a game.

Because it isn't performing well, I want to replace it with something that will give solid reliability. I looked at these other two bluetooth dongles:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mini-USB-Wireless-Bluetooth-V4-0-Adapter-Dongle-For-Windows-7-8-10-PC-Laptop/362523600276

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ugreen-USB-Bluetooth-4-0-Adapter-Wireless-Dongle-Stereo-Receiver-for-PC-Win-10-8/152248605884

They also boast about having excellent range, speed, and reliability, but they both say they're using the CSR chipset. So, I'm thinking buying one would be pointless because I'd be buying the same thing I already have and which doesn't work optimally for gaming.

Is this patchy performance just how bluetooth is? Is there some premium quality bluetooth dongle that give entirely reliable performance across non-obstructed space for at least 5 meters? Is the patchy performance I get from bluetooth maybe not caused by my bluetooth dongle but by the motherboard or something interfering with it (I have no other bluetooth devices nearby except maybe the one on the mobo, which I think is disabled)?

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

Are you using it in a USB2.0 or USB3.0 port ?

2 minutes ago, pizapower said:

Are you using it in a USB2.0 or USB3.0 port ?

Both. Right now it's in a USB 3.0 port. I find I get the same results in either.

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987