Slow Hard Drive

SkarmKaskus

so, yesterday suddenly my hard drive got really slow, Shadow of Mordor loading take forever, literally, Monster Hunter World kinda take forever too to load, then i try to copy some of my files to a thumb drive, it also take forever, so i just cancel it instead. I search about slow drives on internet and read about crystaldiskinfo, here's the result

Spoiler

image.png.ea3149977ff6522ffe54137c7094805b.png

then i tried to replug the sata cable, after that my pc works fine, so i thought it was ok.

but today when i play Shadow of Mordor, new game, the first cutscene is really laggy, it takes like almost 10 minutes to finish the cutscene, Monster Hunter World also slow when loading the quest, i check my drive usage when loading both games and copying file in task manager, the usage is always 100% and transfer rate spike like crazy, and often stays at 0kbps for both read and write speed with 100% usage.

is my drive about to die? thanks

12 minutes ago, SkarmKaskus said:

is my drive about to die?

Looks like it, yes.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

1 hour ago, SkarmKaskus said:

is my drive about to die? thanks

It certainly sounds like it. The slowdown can be attributed to the drive having to retry reading the data multiple times. High reallocations of sectors indicate the drive's about to die. Backup anything critical off the drive and look into replacing it.

3 hours ago, WereCatf said:

Looks like it, yes.

2 hours ago, Linuxy said:

Doc. Your hard drives are about to die. backup backup  backup

1 hour ago, LunaP0n3 said:

It certainly sounds like it. The slowdown can be attributed to the drive having to retry reading the data multiple times. High reallocations of sectors indicate the drive's about to die. Backup anything critical off the drive and look into replacing it.

thank you, very nice.

kinda thight on money right now, i hope my drive hold up until i have enough money, lol

thanks for replying