This is dumb

MojangYang
4 minutes ago, MojangYang said:

This Seagate hdd has a samsung hdd inside!

Seagate bought Samsungs HDD division back in 2011.

https://www.seagate.com/au/en/news/news-archive/seagate-completes-aquisition-samsungs-hdd-business-pr/

Found the original source for the image and the date of manufacture on the HDD is 2015, well after Seagate acquired Samsung. Even has the website for seagate.com on it above the samsung logo.

image.png.37b29eb01ad93f537af6101f6b101e6f.png

So, no. Not as stupid as you might think.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

3 minutes ago, Spotty said:

Seagate bought Samsungs HDD division back in 2011.

https://www.seagate.com/au/en/news/news-archive/seagate-completes-aquisition-samsungs-hdd-business-pr/

Found the original source for the image and the date of manufacture on the HDD is 2015, well after Seagate acquired Samsung. Even has the website for seagate.com on it above the samsung logo.

image.png.37b29eb01ad93f537af6101f6b101e6f.png

So, no. Not as stupid as you might think.

Well then the stupid goes back to me

Nah, it's still interesting if you ask me. You don't have to know all this stuff and the way they do it is bound to surprise some people.

Thanks for the info about Samsung's HDD division having been bought by Seagate, seem to have missed that piece of news. But back to the matter at hand, I suppose if Seagate had indeed used another supplier's HDD, they could still claim that "External HDD" can also be interpreted as saying "externally sourced HDD " ;)