looking for best gaming mouse

Ok, so I am currently saving my money for new mouse, but I think some people might find this thread useful.

I am considering few major models here (pricing taken from local sellers, Central Europe):

-Logitech G 502 Lightspeed $170

-Logitech G 903 $105-$125

-Logitech G Pro $140

-Steelseries Rival 650 $125

-Glorious Model O $60

I own currently a G502 Proteus Core and I quite like it, but I've damaged it a little, so i am looking for a worthy replacement, I would take G502 Lightspeed, but I'm not sure if I still want a profiled mouse, or something this heavy.

On the other hand I'm afraid I'll find other mouses too light, I also got REALLY used to infinite scroll wheel mode, it comes in handy.

Also Model O looks cool, especially considering the price, but it lacks changing DPI on the fly function, also i am not sure if someone like me should have open design mouse, easy to damage with a drop of water, and it's still fresh on the market, I don't know how it will hold after some time spent with it.

Anyways, if you have/had any of following mouses and wants to recommend/discourage it (or any other mouse really, just not razer please, I've never been lucky with their products) go ahead and share your opinion!

Notes:

-Avoid talking about sensors, all of the following mouses have high end sensors, and at this point it doesn't make noticeable difference.

-If you're recommending other mouse make it clear for what purpose you recommend it (FPS/MOBA/everyday use/all rounded).

-Don't focus on looks/RGB, it may be important, but it won't be more important than feeling/performance, mentioning it isn't bad tho.

-Try not to recommend mouse with short life on battery/low quality cable, high latency wireless also won't be good.

-Don't recommend this mouse for me, try recommending it for everybody.

-If possible share your own experience with the mouse, it helps a lot!

My personal rating about mouse are:

1. Size and ergonomic to give me comforts while handling it for hours. Good performer mouse will feel unpleasant to use if it doesnt suit to hand size and uncomfortable to grab.

2. Weight, in wired one the wight is given by cable drag against the edge of our desk, while on wireless is a different story. Cable drag is the most annoying thing when gaming with wired mouse, while heavy wireless mouse even more a not center / imbalance weight distribution on it will tire arm quickly.

So wireless light-medium weight and balanced distribution of it is the most ideal for me, might different for other people.

3. Performance and build quality, no explanation is needed here.

After having experience with several mouse, I found that an ambidextrous shaped mouse is uncomfortable for my liking. I prefer the exact shape which corresponds to my dominant side and must be with a nice fit which is its size.

My system specs:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K, 5GHz Delidded LM || CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-C14S w/ NF-A15 & NF-A14 Chromax fans in push-pull cofiguration || Motherboard: MSI Z370i Gaming Pro Carbon AC || RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2x8Gb 2666 || GPU: EVGA GTX 1060 6Gb FTW2+ DT || Storage: Samsung 860 Evo M.2 SATA SSD 250Gb, 2x 2.5" HDDs 1Tb & 500Gb || ODD: 9mm Slim DVD RW || PSU: Corsair SF600 80+ Platinum || Case: Cougar QBX + 1x Noctua NF-R8 front intake + 2x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC top exhaust + Cougar stock 92mm DC fan rear exhaust || Monitor: ASUS VG248QE || Keyboard: Ducky One 2 Mini Cherry MX Red || Mouse: Logitech G703 || Audio: Corsair HS70 Wireless || Other: XBox One S Controler

My build logs:

3 minutes ago, _Hustler_One_ said:

Cable drag is the most annoying thing when gaming with wired mouse, while heavy wireless mouse even more a not center / imbalance weight distribution on it will tire arm quickly.

Cable drag is a non issue becuase my desk is clean, besides, you can always get a mouse bungee

wireless mice at the lower end can have some lag, and also they require charging, either being heavy or having to be charged frequently.

I like my corsair M65 pro, theres a new "elite" version with a better sensor.

Ideal for FPS and fine for general multitasking. Cheap too, at ~50$ USD

31 minutes ago, Firewrath9 said:

Cable drag is a non issue becuase my desk is clean, besides, you can always get a mouse bungee

wireless mice at the lower end can have some lag, and also they require charging, either being heavy or having to be charged frequently.

Yes.. We can get bungee to eliminate issue.

I personally have a desk that can engage traction to rubber cable of the mouse and it feels like it always want to taking over my control. While bungee always distract my attention by its wigglings, it's funny feeling if I must say from my pov. I have one but I ended up abandon it.

31 minutes ago, Firewrath9 said:

That's why Im getting Logitech G703 as its size and ergonomics are perfect under my grip, centered lightweight as a free drags wireless mouse, good battery life, performs as good as a good wired ones, and nicely priced.

I tried manually some other high-end mice when I was looking for a new one, and I fell in love with G703. I originally want to get the G403 wireless instead as it's a lot cheaper, but out of stock, only the wired one is available here, so I ended up getting the G703.

I even dont like how the Logitech G Pro Wireless feel under my grip because it's an ambidextrous despite it's lighter than G703.

My system specs:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K, 5GHz Delidded LM || CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-C14S w/ NF-A15 & NF-A14 Chromax fans in push-pull cofiguration || Motherboard: MSI Z370i Gaming Pro Carbon AC || RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2x8Gb 2666 || GPU: EVGA GTX 1060 6Gb FTW2+ DT || Storage: Samsung 860 Evo M.2 SATA SSD 250Gb, 2x 2.5" HDDs 1Tb & 500Gb || ODD: 9mm Slim DVD RW || PSU: Corsair SF600 80+ Platinum || Case: Cougar QBX + 1x Noctua NF-R8 front intake + 2x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC top exhaust + Cougar stock 92mm DC fan rear exhaust || Monitor: ASUS VG248QE || Keyboard: Ducky One 2 Mini Cherry MX Red || Mouse: Logitech G703 || Audio: Corsair HS70 Wireless || Other: XBox One S Controler

My build logs:

Okay first, the best mouse is the mouse that suit your hand and grip style. You can get the best mouse in the market but if it's too big or too small you'll end up feeling uncomfortable when u use it. 

Since you got a lot a money to blow on a mouse I suggest on getting the G502 light speed as a safe route. 

However if you're willing to take the risk. here is what you need to know. 

The G903 is an ambidextrous mouse so you might need to get used to the shape although for me, ambidextrous design is better because it feels more balance, oh and G903 is heavy as brick. 

Rival 650 is a gigantic mouse, it's really big a Lil bit bigger than G502. So just measure your hand and get a mouse that is roughly 60% of your hand size. 

The model o is a great mouse, but yes the honeycomb design is not for everybody especially for those who have tyrophobia like me *shudder

I haven't take a deep look at it but I am sure it has dpi on the fly feature I mean it's 2019.

As for the G Pro, if I have the money to blow on a mouse, this is the one that I would get. it's simple, light, wireless, looks premium even though it use plastic all around, great sensor, great battery life with a safe shape. This mouse is a great choice for FPS and moba player. 

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

I love Dark Souls lore, Mice and Milk tea  ^_^ Praise The Sun! \[T]/

I can conquer the world with one hand,As long as you hold the other -Unknown

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

On 6/5/2019 at 7:49 AM, Firewrath9 said:

M65 pro

I got this mouse. I love the feel in the hand, the tuneable weighting system and the snipe button on the side is very useful to map to something in game. Also it doesn't creak like buggery like my 10yo Logitec did.

Main Rig: Ryzen 7 2700 | T-Force 32GB 3000mhZ | Corsair Carbide SPEC-06 Case | Corsair H100x AIO | Corsair CX750M PSU | Gigabyte RTX 2080 Super Windforce OC

Storage Server: Lenovo ThinkCentre M73 Mini PC | i3 4130T 2.90Ghz | 4GB SoDIMM | 500GB WD Blue Internal | 6TB Seagate External | 1TB Seagate External | OS: Openmediavault

Being kind costs nothing. Make the world a better place!

On 6/4/2019 at 5:14 PM, squaredamian said:

Logitech G 502 Lightspeed $170

-Logitech G Pro $140

-Glorious Model O $60

http://www.rocketjumpninja.com/find-a-mouse/ follow his guide I decided to go with the riverl 310 and I love it but mouses are highly subjective  

On 6/4/2019 at 5:14 PM, squaredamian said:

Ok, so I am currently saving my money for new mouse, but I think some people might find this thread useful.

I am considering few major models here (pricing taken from local sellers, Central Europe):

-Logitech G 502 Lightspeed $170

-Logitech G Pro $140

-Glorious Model O $60

I own currently a G502 Proteus Core and I quite like it, but I've damaged it a little, so i am looking for a worthy replacement, I would take G502 Lightspeed, but I'm not sure if I still want a profiled mouse, or something this heavy.

On the other hand I'm afraid I'll find other mouses too light, I also got REALLY used to infinite scroll wheel mode, it comes in handy.

Also Model O looks cool, especially considering the price, but it lacks changing DPI on the fly function, also i am not sure if someone like me should have open design mouse, easy to damage with a drop of water, and it's still fresh on the market, I don't know how it will hold after some time spent with it.

Anyways, if you have/had any of following mouses and wants to recommend/discourage it (or any other mouse really, just not razer please, I've never been lucky with their products) go ahead and share your opinion!

Notes:

-Avoid talking about sensors, all of the following mouses have high end sensors, and at this point it doesn't make noticeable difference.

-If you're recommending other mouse make it clear for what purpose you recommend it (FPS/MOBA/everyday use/all rounded).

-Don't focus on looks/RGB, it may be important, but it won't be more important than feeling/performance, mentioning it isn't bad tho.

-Try not to recommend mouse with short life on battery/low quality cable, high latency wireless also won't be good.

-Don't recommend this mouse for me, try recommending it for everybody.

-If possible share your own experience with the mouse, it helps a lot!

Hardware Canucks made a video on cooler masters new mouse at computex, the MM 710, but it's 54.2 grams, and similar to the model o. Has a Pixar 3389, and Max dpi up to 32000

I lurk 

HP Spectre x360 13t late 2019
Core i5 1035g4
8gb ram
256GB NVME SSD
HP 24mh FHD Monitor 

OnePlus 5
Jabra evolve 75
Razer Blackwidow Lite

Steelseries Rival 3