Rasberry pi

buggs

i want a home survailence system but they are too expensive. I was wondering if i bought a rasberry pi model b with a camera module with a sd card in it and the edimax  wireless us adapter could i monitor it live ?

You can get a decent IP camera for the same price anyway. And that'll most likely have better image quality, more features for stuff like tracking motion etc.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=ip+camera&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Aip+camera

You can get a decent IP camera for the same price anyway. And that'll most likely have better image quality, more features for stuff like tracking motion etc.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=ip+camera&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Aip+camera

Well yes but the image quality is better on the pi, and if you had the money you could have ir lights and the Pi NoIR and film while there is no (visible) light. Some projects are very cool and have many features that an equally priced camera woldn't, like e-mail or SMS notifications and many others. The PiCam is 1080p (if you are archiving the image you should probably go with something lower) and many of those cameras don't.

Take a look at this tutorial if you need.

i'm a potato

i want a home survailence system but they are too expensive. I was wondering if i bought a rasberry pi model b with a camera module with a sd card in it and the edimax  wireless us adapter could i monitor it live ?

raspberry*

i know but rasberry pi's are cool !

raspberry*