PC Freeze?

Muffin.
Go to solution Solved by Muffin.,
Just now, Ardu said:

Only having intakes would blatantly increase you temps, yeah. Maybe fix your fans, and see if you have the same problem?

I fixed the fans, front is now taking air in, back is taking air out. I'll now check if I still get freezes.

Hello.

So recently I have been getting these pc freezes and I'd like to know why. I've been checking HWMonitor for temperature, in HWMonitor my CPU temperature is really bad I guess - after a csgo game it's max was 90 celsius. I was pretty shocked, but I thought that the problem might be the thermal paste, because in last week I cleaned my pc, I thought that I mby had added too less paste, I cleaned it off and added new layer(a bit more than last time). Now I opened the HWMonitor and nothing seems to be better. I download AMD OverDrive and there my CPU temperature seems quite ok(I'll add screenshot). So I went into a league of legends game, it was going alright, but then it just freezed again, after like 2mins again and again. Now I'm wondering if I could have done something wrong with my pc cleaning, because before the cleaning it didn't freeze(even tho everything seems to be working fine).

System:

• Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) X4 860K Quad Core Processor 3.70GHz
  • 8GB RAM
  • GPU: MSI Geforce GTX750Ti OC
  • Win 10
  • HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB (2016)

Capture1.PNG

Capture2.PNG

What CPU cooler are you using? You could potentially benefit from a better cooler.

3 minutes ago, NinJake said:

What CPU cooler are you using? You could potentially benefit from a better cooler.

The stock one. :D

Question is: is processor overheat causing the freezes, because I'm not sure if its overheating, amd overdrive I guess shows that it's ok.

Could you post a picture of that cpuid hwinfo of your graphics card min/max after gaming?

13 minutes ago, NinJake said:

Could you post a picture of that cpuid hwinfo of your graphics card min/max after gaming?

After like 10min into game.

Capture3.PNG

GPU temps and utilization look fine, so it does look like your CPU could be holding you back. Is it possible for you to maybe open up your case and set up a big fan next to your pc to try and keep it cooler. If this helps your freezing issue I'd look into a nice cheap cooler like the 212 evo or whatever else is good these days.

16 hours ago, NinJake said:

GPU temps and utilization look fine, so it does look like your CPU could be holding you back. Is it possible for you to maybe open up your case and set up a big fan next to your pc to try and keep it cooler. If this helps your freezing issue I'd look into a nice cheap cooler like the 212 evo or whatever else is good these days.

So a little update... I opened my pc case, thought that I could replace my front fan to side, watched some case air videos and realised that my front fan should be taking air in not pushing it out... so I just put the front fan in proper way and then I saw that from the last weeks cleaning I had also added my exhaust fan to take air in not out, so mby this could've caused the freezes aka overheats? ?

1 minute ago, MuffinHD said:

So a little update... I opened my pc case, thought that I could replace my front fan to side, watched some case air videos and realised that my front fan should be taking air in not pushing it out... so I just put the front fan in proper way and then I saw that from the last weeks cleaning I had also added my exhaust fan to take air in not out, so mby this could've caused the freezes aka overheats? ?

Only having intakes would blatantly increase you temps, yeah. Maybe fix your fans, and see if you have the same problem?

Current PC

CPUIntel Core i9 9900k

GPUGTX 1080 8GB FTW EVGA

MotherboardASUS PRIME Z370-A II

RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX (2x8GB) DDR4 2400 Mhz

Storage 1: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB

Storage 2: Hyper X 240GB

PSU: Corsair RM750 80 Plus Gold 750W

Peripherals: Logitech G502 Hero//Corsair K70 MK 2 Cherry MX Red

Display: BenQ XL2430T 24-inch 144Hz

Just now, Ardu said:

I fixed the fans, front is now taking air in, back is taking air out. I'll now check if I still get freezes.

Thank you guys for the assistance, after like 5h of pc usage - no freezes.