What's happening?

NunoLava1998

Some hours ago I took out the RAM, GPU and storage just to practice. It went well and everything POSTed.

However, now the system takes a pretty long time to POST (like 10-15 seconds instead of the usual 5) and after a few hours my system decides to freeze with the error code MEMORY_MANAGEMENT. Sometimes it happens for just about 0.3s and the BSOD doesn't trigger, but it's quite weird. What could be causing this?

Ryzen 7 3700X / 16GB RAM / Optane SSD / GTX 1650 / Solus Linux

Just now, NunoLava1998 said:

Some hours ago I took out the RAM, GPU and storage just to practice. It went well and everything POSTed.

However, now the system takes a pretty long time to POST (like 10-15 seconds instead of the usual 5) and after a few hours my system decides to freeze with the error code MEMORY_MANAGEMENT. Sometimes it happens for just about 0.3s and the BSOD doesn't trigger, but it's quite weird. What could be causing this?

If the storage was fucked then it would just freeze and nothing would work and if it was the RAM the image would go absolute apeshit

Run memtest86 for a bit. If it fails, try reseating your RAM or switching sticks around.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

1 minute ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Run memtest86 for a bit. If it fails, try reseating your RAM or switching sticks around.

Probably just need to reseat.

Still though, this is what happens when RAM gets out of the socket:

2 minutes ago, NunoLava1998 said:

Probably just need to reseat.

Still though, this is what happens when RAM gets out of the socket:

I know, but that doesn't mean it can't be seated properly. I doubt it, but it's possible it's something small like one pin isn't making contact because of a dust particle or something.

Also

>bandicam

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈