G502 Wireless questions.

Catsrules

I am thinking about picking up a G502 wireless. This will actually be my first gaming mouse having used a M705 for years.

Battery life, from the reviews I have looked at they are saying 60 hours gaming. What about standby time, and non gaming guessing that is the same time as gaming? Bottom line it sounds like you need to charge this every few days (or maybe every night is this correct? This will be a major downside compared to my M705 that basically never dies. (I think I get about 1-2 year battery life or something)

Wireless chagrining looks like it might be a solution to my above problem but I don't really want to spend $100 on the mouse pad. From my understanding it is a proprietary wireless charging solution. Guessing the mouse isn't compatible at all with normal wireless chargers. For example the ones the that phones use? Is their a super small pad I could just set the mouse on when I am done working/gaming on my computer that would be much cheaper?

Does this mouse/receiver support the Logitech Unifying? It might be nice to connect up my old M705 if my G502 is charging.

Thanks.  

I’m not sure if it works with the unifying receiver. I have the G902 and it lasts me about 6 days between charges. I connect it to my computer for about 2-3 hours and it’s fully charged. I wouldn’t go with the wireless charging mat because you have to be careful about putting anything metal or liquids near the mat, and I do this without thinking all the time.

On 6/1/2019 at 10:15 PM, Sorenson said:

I’m not sure if it works with the unifying receiver. I have the G902 and it lasts me about 6 days between charges. I connect it to my computer for about 2-3 hours and it’s fully charged. I wouldn’t go with the wireless charging mat because you have to be careful about putting anything metal or liquids near the mat, and I do this without thinking all the time.

Thanks for the information. That is good to know if the 902 can last for almost a week I would guess the 502 will be similar.

That is also go to know about the liquids and metal near the mat, yeah that wouldn't work for me at all. I have water all of the time at my desk and it is in a metal thermos.

The battery life should be about the same as my G Pro Wireless.

I usually charge it once a week and maybe 2x a week when I got a lot of free time.

Since it was released I never hat to use it wired.

My Gaming PC:
Inno3D iChill Black - RTX 4080 - +500 Memory, undervolted Core, 2xCorsair QX120 (push) + 2xInno3D 120mm (pull)
AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D - NZXT x72
G.SKILL Trident Z @6000MHz CL30 - 2x16GB
Asus Strix X670E-E Gaming

1x500GB Samsung 960 Pro (Windows 11 + 10)

1x2TB Kingston KC3000 (Games)

1x1TB WD Blue SN550 (Programs)

1x1TB Samsung 870 EVO (Programs)
Corsair RM-850X + native 12VHPWR-Cable

Lian Li O11 Vision
Alienware 360 HZ QD-OLED AW2725DF, MSI Optix MAG274QRFDE-QD, BenQ ZOWIE XL2720

Logitech G Pro Wireless Superlight 2
Wooting 60HE

Audeze LCD2-C + FiiO K3

Klipsch RP600-M + Klipsch R-120 SW

My Notebook:

MacBook Pro 16 M1 Pro - 16GB

Proxmox-Cluster:

• Ryzen 9 3950X, Asus Strix X570E F-Gaming, 4x32GB3200MHz ECC, 2x 512GB NVMe ZFS-Mirror (Boot, Testing-VMs + TrueNAS L2ARC), 2x14TB ZFS-Mirror + 1x3TB (TrueNAS-VM), 1x 1TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe (Ceph-OSD), Dual 10G NIC (Ceph), 2.5G NIC (VMs), 1G NIC (Cluster)
  • i7 8700k delidded undervolted, Gigabyte Z390 UD, 4x16GB 3200MHz, 2x 360GB HDD ZFS-Mirror (Boot), 1x 1TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe (Ceph-OSD), Dual 10G NIC (Ceph), 2.5G NIC (VMs), 1G NIC (Cluster)
  • i5 4670, 3x4GB + 1x8GB 1600MHz, 2x 240GB HDD ZFS-Mirror (Boot), 1x 1TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe (Ceph-OSD), Dual 10G NIC (Ceph), 2.5G NIC (VMs), 1G NIC (Cluster)

Proxmox-Backup-Server:

• i5 4670, 4x4GB 1600MHz, 2x2TB ZFS-Mirror, 2,5G NIC