fpu stress test

Hello,

i use aida64 to stress test my cpu for overclocking, but should i only use cpu as stress test or fpu too?

since it pushes the temps like 10C higher, or do you think cpu stress test is enough for checking the temps when OCing?

I wouldn’t use Aida64 to test both. I use Unigine Heaven to test graphics and CPU at the same time.

3 minutes ago, Sorenson said:

I wouldn’t use Aida64 to test both. I use Unigine Heaven to test graphics and CPU at the same time.

how do you use unigine heaven when its made for gpu stress testing, i saw videos and cpu usage is only 10-20% with unigin heaven.

8 minutes ago, AkSo2504 said:

how do you use unigine heaven when its made for gpu stress testing, i saw videos and cpu usage is only 10-20% with unigin heaven.

Sorry I should have mentioned, I’ll use furmark’s cpu test and have it running on half my cpu threads. So I have an 8700k I’ll run unigine and then start furmark on 6 threads.

22 minutes ago, Sorenson said:

Sorry I should have mentioned, I’ll use furmark’s cpu test and have it running on half my cpu threads. So I have an 8700k I’ll run unigine and then start furmark on 6 threads.

does furmark use the fpu/avx, thats what im actually asking, because avx loads are way more intense for the cpu like i said 10 degrees higher with avx.