NZXT H510 Elite is non-sensical

Agonizel

Hi community, 

Today I learned about the new case from NZXT: the H510 Elite. As the name says, it's a derived product of their H500 case.
The H510 Elite differenciate itself with a closed-off tempered glass front panel.

So first, here's GN Review of the H500.

They were positively surprised by the case temps considering its price and the closed off front panel.
The explanation for the okay temps was: The negative pressure setup of the case is caused by the 2 included exhaust fans at the back and on the top.
In fact, Gamers Nexus explicitly explained that the negative pressure causes for an influx of air through even the slightest openings of the case may it be the front, the bottom or even the back where the GPU brackets are.

The latter are the reason why the GPU is able to rock relatively good temps. This is why adding fans on the front does not decrease and even worsens temperature inside the PC.

Coming back to the H510 Elite: this case's purpose is to showcase front RGB fans as demonstrated by the pictures on NZXT's site: https://sta3-nzxtcorporation.netdna-ssl.com/uploads/product_image/image/2428/large_b2feaa953e1c78d9.jpg

Which does not make any sense since it entirely defeats the negative pressure purpose discussed above: Front fans in this case do not have any positive impact on temperature!

So here's my hypothesis: The H510 will perform worse than its little brother the H500, especially in the GPU temps department - while being more expensive and louder because of the TG and added fans.

Aesthetics is not an argument to me since it's purely subjective. In my opinion, in order to use the H510 at its full potential, you have to use the same way as the H500 with a negative pressure, an RGB motherboard, RGB cooler/reservoir and RGB GPU whose fancy lighting can be seen from the front. But front fans will totally ruin the case.

RGB & Fan control ULTIMATE GUIDE !

• 1 month later...

I feel like the main reason people would buy the 510 Elite is aesthetics, it's probably one of the best looking cases I've ever seen, but at more than twice the price of the H500 I think it's just not worth it.

Have you tried turning it off and on again?