Need help picking a system

Hello, I just built my parents a PC and I was looking into ways to improve mine. I use a laptop and have a razer mouse and keyboard setup with a 4k monitor. I was going to get a egpu but my laptop doesn't have a thunderbolt 3 compatible port. I don't want to build a tower since I like the convince of my laptop. I need a decent price thunderbolt 3 enabled laptop with good RAM and cpu. The GPU doesn't matter since I will get an egpu for that. I know the Razer Blade Linus has doesn't have a GPU, would the other specs be enough to Handel a top of the line desktop GPU? I am not sure where to go to see the one he has.

well to start how much are you willing to spend

CPU AMD 5800x_____Asus Crosshair VIII_____Asus Strix LC 360_____RAM Corsair Dominator Pro 2x8Gb 3600mhz_____ASUS RTX 3080 Strix

PSU Corsair HX1000w_____CASE Lian Li 011 Dynamic (original choice right? w/9 UNI Fans)_____Keyboard Razer BlackWidow Chroma_____Mouse Razer Deathadder Chroma_____Headphones Bose QC25_____Monitor (1) Acer Predator XB1 144hz G-Sync  (2) Benq 144hz G-Sync

Microphone Blue Yeti Black

Razer Blade 14

Also an XBOX one s.

What @Acid Panda said and also -- Welcome!

AMD Ryzen 5800XFractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 4400CL19 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-14-14-14-30  |  EVGA 3080 FTW3 Hybrid  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case 

Sorry I was at work, I don't want to spend more than 2k CAD on it since I will also be getting a egpu which will raise the price
The laptop can have a crap gpu or no gpu as long as the rest of the system can handle it
My current laptop has 16gb of ram and a I7 7700HQ with a GeForce GTX 1050 Ti which I got for around the 1500 range
I was hopping to beef it up with an eGPU but the usb-c isn't thunderbolt compatible

10 hours ago, Vector Didact said:

I was going to get a egpu but my laptop doesn't have a thunderbolt 3 compatible port. I don't want to build a tower since I like the convince of my laptop. I need a decent price thunderbolt 3 enabled laptop with good RAM and cpu. The GPU doesn't matter since I will get an egpu for that.

Why not thin and light gaming laptop?

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

Well I want to get the power of a desktop out of it while using it for gaming, hence the eGPU. I was willing to invest in an expensive pc graphics card for it. But also still have it on my side to use for browsing and social media while I'm using my monitor for my xbox.

23 minutes ago, Vector Didact said:

Well I want to get the power of a desktop out of it while using it for gaming, hence the eGPU

Thin and light gaming laptops also have pretty good performance. eGPU will have performance bottleneck for higher end cards due to PCIe lanes limitation

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

@Vector Didact

https://www.ultrabookreview.com/10579-laptops-thunderbolt-3/

this might help but there is a lot of information

CPU AMD 5800x_____Asus Crosshair VIII_____Asus Strix LC 360_____RAM Corsair Dominator Pro 2x8Gb 3600mhz_____ASUS RTX 3080 Strix

PSU Corsair HX1000w_____CASE Lian Li 011 Dynamic (original choice right? w/9 UNI Fans)_____Keyboard Razer BlackWidow Chroma_____Mouse Razer Deathadder Chroma_____Headphones Bose QC25_____Monitor (1) Acer Predator XB1 144hz G-Sync  (2) Benq 144hz G-Sync

Microphone Blue Yeti Black

Razer Blade 14

Also an XBOX one s.