New gaming pc .Help!

Go to solution Solved by PopsicleHustler,

At what resolution? 1080/1440p/4k?

Hey everyone, 

i've watched linus for absolutely ages now but am not the best with pc parts. Could anyone give me some pc parts to buy if i want to be able to run games like csgo, cod and fortnite on 100 frames all the time while still playing with good graffics. I don't really have a price limit but i would like to keep the cost down.

Thanks! :)

At what resolution? 1080/1440p/4k?

Main system: Ryzen 7 7800X3D / Asus ROG Strix B650E / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 32GB 6000Mhz / Powercolor RX 7900 XTX Red Devil/ EVGA 750W GQ / NZXT H5 Flow

Location? Resolution? Mouse/keyboard/etc needed?

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

8 minutes ago, Lurick said:

Location? Resolution? Mouse/keyboard/etc needed?

1080 p and i have already got a monitor with a mouse and keyboard that i am currently using on my prebuilt desktop

Ryzen 5 2600 with RTX2060 would do the job nicely.

Main system: Ryzen 7 7800X3D / Asus ROG Strix B650E / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 32GB 6000Mhz / Powercolor RX 7900 XTX Red Devil/ EVGA 750W GQ / NZXT H5 Flow

8 minutes ago, oliver brooker said:

1080 p and i have already got a monitor with a mouse and keyboard that i am currently using on my prebuilt desktop

We can give you a general suggestion but if you want a detailed parts list knowing the country helps in narrowing things down based on price/availability. My other question is on the monitor, you mention 100FPS but is the monitor 100Hz capable?

As @PopsicleHustler mentioned the 2600 and RTX 2060 would be good, or if you're willing to wait a couple months for Zen 2 to launch, look at a 3000 series chip then after reviews are out.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

18 minutes ago, PopsicleHustler said:

Ryzen 5 2600 with RTX2060 would do the job nicely.

Thanks very much mate

16 minutes ago, Lurick said:

We can give you a general suggestion but if you want a detailed parts list knowing the country helps in narrowing things down based on price/availability. My other question is on the monitor, you mention 100FPS but is the monitor 100Hz capable?

As @PopsicleHustler mentioned the 2600 and RTX 2060 would be good, or if you're willing to wait a couple months for Zen 2 to launch, look at a 3000 series chip then after reviews are out.

i am from the Uk and yes i do have a 144 hz monitor. I have no real time limit so thanks for that help!

Few notes. I went with a 2070 to give you some more longevity at higher detail but you could easily swap it out for a 2060 to save a bit on the price if you don't care about maxing everything out in all cases. Most of the games out will run fine on the 2060 but you could see higher framerates out of a 2070 but that's up to you. The games you listed I don't think will have an issue on 100FPS with either card.

Wasn't sure about if you planned to re-purpose anything from your current build like hard drive or SSD. If so you can ignore those from the parts list as well.

Went with a 650 watt PSU and while a bit overkill it does give you headroom if you want to swap in another GPU down the line or go with Ryzen 3000 on the X570 chipset which might need to pull some more power.

If you don't plan on overclocking much then the stock CPU cooler is fine but if you want to do some mild overclocks and run cool/quiet then something like the Dark Rock Pro 3 or 4 will do nicely.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 2600 3.4 GHz 6-Core Processor  (£131.58 @ Aria PC)
CPU Cooler: be quiet! - Dark Rock Pro 4 50.5 CFM CPU Cooler  (£67.25 @ CCL Computers)
Motherboard: Asus - ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING ATX AM4 Motherboard  (£114.64 @ Amazon UK)
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  (£83.58 @ Aria PC)
Storage: Crucial - MX500 250 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (£37.17 @ Amazon UK)
Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (£35.00 @ Amazon UK)
Video Card: Gigabyte - GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB WINDFORCE Video Card  (£449.68 @ Box Limited)
Case: Fractal Design - Meshify C ATX Mid Tower Case  (£85.38 @ More Computers)
Power Supply: Corsair - RMx (2018) 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (£84.99 @ CCL Computers)
Total: £1089.27
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-05-27 18:34 BST+0100

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

I really recommend waiting for Ryzen 3000. It’s gonna knock everybody’s socks off. Plus, it will

lower the price of older hardware. 

July 7th they launch...

I got a ps5 and a pc pretty ballin

1 hour ago, Lurick said:

Few notes. I went with a 2070 to give you some more longevity at higher detail but you could easily swap it out for a 2060 to save a bit on the price if you don't care about maxing everything out in all cases. Most of the games out will run fine on the 2060 but you could see higher framerates out of a 2070 but that's up to you. The games you listed I don't think will have an issue on 100FPS with either card.

Wasn't sure about if you planned to re-purpose anything from your current build like hard drive or SSD. If so you can ignore those from the parts list as well.

Went with a 650 watt PSU and while a bit overkill it does give you headroom if you want to swap in another GPU down the line or go with Ryzen 3000 on the X570 chipset which might need to pull some more power.

If you don't plan on overclocking much then the stock CPU cooler is fine but if you want to do some mild overclocks and run cool/quiet then something like the Dark Rock Pro 3 or 4 will do nicely.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 2600 3.4 GHz 6-Core Processor  (£131.58 @ Aria PC)
CPU Cooler: be quiet! - Dark Rock Pro 4 50.5 CFM CPU Cooler  (£67.25 @ CCL Computers)
Motherboard: Asus - ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING ATX AM4 Motherboard  (£114.64 @ Amazon UK)
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  (£83.58 @ Aria PC)
Storage: Crucial - MX500 250 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (£37.17 @ Amazon UK)
Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (£35.00 @ Amazon UK)
Video Card: Gigabyte - GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB WINDFORCE Video Card  (£449.68 @ Box Limited)
Case: Fractal Design - Meshify C ATX Mid Tower Case  (£85.38 @ More Computers)
Power Supply: Corsair - RMx (2018) 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (£84.99 @ CCL Computers)
Total: £1089.27
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-05-27 18:34 BST+0100

thanks very much mate ideal job. Ive already started to order some parts :)

1 hour ago, star_pilot475 said:

I really recommend waiting for Ryzen 3000. It’s gonna knock everybody’s socks off. Plus, it will

lower the price of older hardware. 

July 7th they launch...

alright years mate that will be one of the final parts i order so It will be out before i buy it