Making a Google Assistant.....

Hello everyone, 

I was wondering if it was posable to make a Google Assistant and I don't know how I would do it.

If I find something that could be able to help other people I will post it here...

thanks -cam

You're talking about creating an AI assistant from scratch? It's not happening without a large team of engineers, developers, stacks of hardware and about a billion dollars in seed money.

I thought that you could probably just fond some google dev soft wear to make a smart speaker

I've been thinking about working on a project like this for a while.

https://www.adafruit.com/product/4080

I figure that could be a good starting point, then after getting that base bit going I wanted to look seeing how much stuff I could route through open source speech to text software using google services as a fallback. I think its doable, to different degrees depending on how much work goes into it.

Probably don't bother. Making an AI is not a 5 minute exercise, and a Google Home mini is not that expensive.

REMEMBER:

IF YOU WANT ME TO RESPOND, YOU GOTTA QUOTE ME 

OR

PUT @Fixinit1 IN YOUR RESPONSE!!!!!

Gosh, I hate it when people forget. Anyway, check out my PC below, and there's a PCPartPicker link on my profile, If you wanna see what I'm planning.

Spoiler

SYSTEM SPECS: Finally ditched the Pentium N3540, now I've got the following:

CPU - Ryzen 5 2400G

GPU - 1060 6GB Gigabyte G1 Gaming

RAM - 16GB DDR4 3000mhz Team T-Force Delta RGB

MOTHERBOARD - MSI B350 Tomahawk

PSU - EVGA 450BT

CASE - PHANTEKS  P350X

i have found this, this is what i have been thinking about, so i do think its posible 

23 minutes ago, imbrock said:

I've been thinking about working on a project like this for a while.

https://www.adafruit.com/product/4080

I figure that could be a good starting point, then after getting that base bit going I wanted to look seeing how much stuff I could route through open source speech to text software using google services as a fallback. I think its doable, to different degrees depending on how much work goes into it.

if you wouldn't mind could I help and prove them wrong XD

jk but 2 heads are better than 1

18 minutes ago, Fixinit1 said:

Probably don't bother. Making an AI is not a 5 minute exercise, and a Google Home mini is not that expensive.

yea i know that its not but its the point fo making it so it feels like you have done something

22 minutes ago, cameron shanks said:

if you wouldn't mind could I help and prove them wrong XD

jk but 2 heads are better than 1

From the research of done into it so far it can mostly be done with off the shelf software. There seem to be a few decent speech to text programs that can be used, though i still have to pick up that kit off adafruit. I want to try and custom bake my own whole set at some point but that one seems good for a starting point.

I assume the project is more of a tinkering thing than you actually needing an AI assistant? :)

I was thinking of doing something similar a while back though not exactly AI per se.

I was looking at using pre-programmed phrases for specific tasks and using AWS Transcribe(speech recognition) / AWS Polly(text to speech)

May be something you're interested in x]