Help ASAP PLEASE

Yifti

I NEED HELP ASAP so me and my friend worked today on a project and the teacher told us we need to edit something she said to use her USB drive and we only downloaded wondershare filmora but now she msged me saying that everything on the drive is gone

what do i do maybe this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5QJEevqIZc

Bepis

BEPIS

Bepis BEPIS

BEPIS Bepis

BEEEEEEEEPIS

You really messed up. I would suggest using EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard. I have tried it a few times and it work pretty well. Avoid copying any data onto the stick as it will replace the data you want to recover. There's nothing much you can do here unfortunately.

Just now, Lalit Kumar said:

You really messed up. I would suggest using EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard. I have tried it a few times and it work pretty well. Avoid copying any data onto the stick as it will replace the data you want to recover. There's nothing much you can do here unfortunately.

I dont understand what we did. What could have caused it? They are saying when they connected it afterwards it said that it needs to be scanned, anda fter teh scan everything was erased

Bepis

BEPIS

Bepis BEPIS

BEPIS Bepis

BEEEEEEEEPIS

4 hours ago, Yifti said:

I dont understand what we did. What could have caused it? They are saying when they connected it afterwards it said that it needs to be scanned, anda fter teh scan everything was erased

Did they press the button of letting Windows scan the disk?
The disk probably wasn't unmounted properly when you removed it from your PC. This is not a big deal. Sometimes a prompt comes up asking you to scan the device when you connect a unproperly unmounted USB device to another Windows PC. If you press scan, the PC will run Checkdisk (chkdsk) to attampt to "repair" the problem. Sometimes it fails and removes the data. If they would have pressed "don't scan" everything would have been fine, so technically they wiped the drive.

So, what to do know? Firstly, don't touch the USB drive anymore. Don't connect it to PC's, don't format it, don't even look at it the wrong way ? 
You have to ask yourself the following question:
How important is the data?
If the data is extremely important, like 800$ important, then I would contact a local data recovery company.
If the data is less important, you can attempt to rescue it by using data recovery software, by following a guide similar to this one:
https://www.minitool.com/data-recovery/recover-data-after-chkdsk.html