cooling

truckerlenny
Go to solution Solved by Szemike84,

Hy all!

I have a Cooler Master Mastercase pro 3 (L467 x W235 x H505 mm) mid tower (5 places for 140mm case fans) with 3 140x25mm fans for now. I would like to upgrade it to 6 140mm fans.

The factorially installed fans:

- Cooler master 140x25mm front side (1 piece) A14025-12cb-3bn-FN

- Cooler master 140x25mm back side (1 piece) A14025-12cb-3bn-F1

I have hardly found some information about the "F1" ended fan, the other seems to be the same (0.14A, 2W, max. 1200 RPM 28 CFM, 6.526 mmH2O)

The third is about a 1 year old Be quiet silent wings 3 high speed fan (0.55A, max. 1600 RPM, 77.5 CFM, 2.16 mmH2O, 28.1dBa TERRIBLE noisy)

My opinion is to move the 2 cooler master fans to the front (as real pressure fans), install 2 of the 140mm Air flow specificated fans to the top and 1 to the back (blow the air out from the case).

My 3 most like AF fans are: Corsair AF140 (CO-9050009-WW), Cryorig XT140 (CR-XTA) and Arctic BioniX F140 (ACFAN00096A)

The processor will get a Cryorig R1 universal CPU cooler (L128.5 mm x W140 mm x H168.3 mm).

Please help me if I'm thinking righ with this option for the best air flow in the case and please help me to chose the best air flow specific fans.

Thank you!

Everything came yesterday, so of course it's up and running now. My Noctua might clear a 200mm but it sure doesn't need it. No gpu on mine besides the i7 so I have a ton of open space on the top half. I have my pair of 80's actually on intake duty just keeping things moving down there. i "feel" like that is helping the m.2 nvme 970plus a bit, since it kept climbing up until I did that and closed the case up.

I'm hoping I have a crappy DP cable, 'cause it won't boot with it (hdmi is fine). I'll find out tomorrow.

I have another weird issue with a couple older sata wd enterprise hdds that I'm trying to gain trust with. I'll probably start a new thread soon if I can't figure it out.

But Lightroom is magical, and considering my old transfers never wrote much over 60ish, my workflow is going to be fantastic. It's fun to watch a progress bar again.

32 minutes ago, ScottStearns said:

Everything came yesterday, so of course it's up and running now. My Noctua might clear a 200mm but it sure doesn't need it. No gpu on mine besides the i7 so I have a ton of open space on the top half. I have my pair of 80's actually on intake duty just keeping things moving down there. i "feel" like that is helping the m.2 nvme 970plus a bit, since it kept climbing up until I did that and closed the case up.

I'm hoping I have a crappy DP cable, 'cause it won't boot with it (hdmi is fine). I'll find out tomorrow.

I have another weird issue with a couple older sata wd enterprise hdds that I'm trying to gain trust with. I'll probably start a new thread soon if I can't figure it out.

But Lightroom is magical, and considering my old transfers never wrote much over 60ish, my workflow is going to be fantastic. It's fun to watch a progress bar again.

GREAT! what do you think of the haf xb evo. i love it keeps everything cool. its a breeze to work in. 200mm i dont need either. everything is nice and cool. i find the pair of 80's do quite a bit with keeping the air flow down bottom moving

I'm very happy so far. I am often fiddling around and this gives me line of sight and easy access. The thumb screws are perfect. I almost went with an open air test bench setup, this let's me do that and pack away in seconds. I have it on a restaurant wire storage rack and it gets all the air!

I do wish they would offer a couple of update options like a better front panel since it's so modular. I'm ok with a Dremel so no big deal.

And maybe a straight flat top plate although I understand that defeats the idea somewhat.

15 hours ago, ScottStearns said:

I'm very happy so far. I am often fiddling around and this gives me line of sight and easy access. The thumb screws are perfect. I almost went with an open air test bench setup, this let's me do that and pack away in seconds. I have it on a restaurant wire storage rack and it gets all the air!

I do wish they would offer a couple of update options like a better front panel since it's so modular. I'm ok with a Dremel so no big deal.

And maybe a straight flat top plate although I understand that defeats the idea somewhat.

lol we think alike. i also have mine on a wire rack which is also on wheels. on bottom i have a yorkville yx10sp subwoofer, under the monitor i have a yorkville c120p and i have another on the other side of the desk. needs lots of cleaning with cables etc. i have a mackie mix5 and a focusrite solo 3rd gen with a audio technica bpsh1 headphones. i to wish they had various things for the top and the front. but i love this thing so far. i wanted something that would sit on a wire rack and not risk of tipping over. im debating between going to a custom loop but doing some research first as thats a huge investment.

20190816_103114.jpg