Broken pc

Hello peoples, my pc is having trouble with a thing...so, specs are, i5 3570k,

Corsair Vengeance 12 GB (3 x 4 GB) DDR31866 ram, asus p8z77-v lx motherboard, and some 450 watt psu.
So whenever I turn it on, it goes into a boot loop, it will say the normal "press f2 or del to enter bios setting" and then....turns off and turns on again, I have tried different ram that i know is comparable with the MB, taken out my rx 560, taken out all drives, disconnected all usb keyboards, mice, and everthing, and if I press f2 or del it doesn't enter the bios settings, it just goes back into the boot loop! Anyone know what could be wrong?

2 minutes ago, ReggieGRS said:

So folks can help you out better, what is the model of the psu?

ENYLE 450W EN-450F12BK

Have you tried taking out the CMOS battery for a few minutes and reseating it? 

DAEDALUS (2018 Refit) - Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 - 1600 @ 3.7Ghz // Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED Turbo Black Edition // Motherboard: Asus RoG Strix B350-F Gaming // Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1060 Windforce 6GB GDDR5 // Memory: 2 x 8GB DDR4 Corsair LPX Vengeance 3000Mhz // Storage: WD Green - 250GB M.2 SATA SSD (Boot Drive and Programs), SanDisk Ultra II 120GB (GTA V), WD Elements 1TB External Drive (Steam Library) // Power Supply: Cooler Master Silent Pro 700W // Case: BeQuiet Silentbase 600 with SilentWings Mk.2 Internal Fans // Peripherals: VicTop Mechanical Gaming Keyboard & VicTsing 7200 DPI Wired Gaming Mouse

PROMETHEUS (2018 Refit) - Processor: Intel Core i5-3470 @ 3.2Ghz // Cooler: Cooler Master 212 EVO // Motherboard: Foxconn 2ABF // Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 5450 (For Diagnostic Testing Only) // Memory: 2 x 4GB DDR3 Mushkin Memory // Storage: 10TB of Various Storage Drives // Power Supply: Corsair 600W // Case: Bitfenix Nova Midi Tower - Black

SpeedTest Results - Having Trouble Finding a Decent PSU? - Check the PSU Tier List!

4 hours ago, valdyrgramr said:

That's most likely your issue.  Had the same issue recently with another shoddy branded PSU then swapped it for a CXM 550w and it solved the boot loop issue.

Okay I'll try that thanks! New psu is something I've been needing probably, and if that's not it, I can use it in my next pc build :D

4 hours ago, Ezzy-525 said:

No didn't think of that! Will try!

On 5/17/2019 at 11:18 PM, valdyrgramr said:

Grey label CX/CXMs are usually cheap in most regions.  There's all the system power 9s.

Didn't work, I got a evga 600w br, still the boot loop

On 5/17/2019 at 6:50 PM, Ezzy-525 said:

Didn't work

12 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

That's not really a good PSU and known to have problems.

But it's doing the same thing a like 30 dollar china psu did, and that china one worked for my pc for about 3 years so this should at least get it too boot...shouldn't it?

Just now, valdyrgramr said:

You basically side graded in quality both are known for said issues.  It's possible it's the RAM too.  One or more of the stick could be faulty.  The CPU can be the problem too, but that's kinda rare.  Even the mobo can cause boot loop issues.

But, going over the list it could possible be the mobo if a better quality psu doesn't fix the problem.

I tried other ram, and a new cpu, so either the MB or still the psu

Ya, try one of the ones I mentioned if that fails then it's most likely the mobo.  

I may try putting my psu in another pc and see if it boots for that one

1 minute ago, valdyrgramr said:

Question, did you ever try to oc on this board?  Asking cuz it doesn't seem like that great of a board.  The vrms lack properly cooling for a z series board and it's a pretty low phase one too.  

I did overclock my cpu.....

Could be the board then.  Not sure about protections on z77.  Wasn't heavily focused on Intel at the time.

I mean it's a lga 1155 board anyways, I should probably go ahead and rebuild my pc

Well, Zen 2 is being shown off next monday and probably released around July-September since AMD did state Q3.  However, you could get zen/zen+ or 8th/9th gen intel rig.  Or, if you wanted to stick to DDR3 then Haswell is about as far as you can go .  I'd outright avoid FX from AMD as the single thread is kinda ass on those.   If you meant going with a later gen platform.

I'll probably do ryzen :)

1 minute ago, valdyrgramr said:

If you wanna upgrade right now the tomahawk b450+2600 is a pretty good deal.

Awesome! Thank you bro! You have been very helpful!