SSD cooling

KRZZ

Hello,I have an Acer predator helios 500 sadly the SSD would often get hot since iam living in really hot weather, the SSD has a copper plate on top of it to help cooling it but I will  buy a heatsink. The question is would I put the heatsink on the copper plate or would I remove the copper plate and put the heatsink on the ssd directly?

Your should only use the heat sink, thermal pads help conduct heat but going pad, copper, pad, heat sink would be very inefficient. Also, if you're having issues getting the SSD cool with the copper plate, I would also suggest trying to align your air flow to better reach the SSD.

11 minutes ago, mail929 said:

Your should only use the heat sink, thermal pads help conduct heat but going pad, copper, pad, heat sink would be very inefficient. Also, if you're having issues getting the SSD cool with the copper plate, I would also suggest trying to align your air flow to better reach the SSD.

Okay first of all thanks for answering, I see your point about all that layers but Idk if I have another option ? How would I make better airflow for it since it's in a laptop which kinda limit it?