Android phone recommendations

I am looking to replace my old Galaxy S7 with something a little more modern, and was looking at a budget of $500 USD or less to replace it, and would like your recommendations on good android phones to fit the job.  I prefer buying phones outright, but if you know of any deals for low monthly payments, that is totally an option too.

My main use case is for media consumption, namely YouTube videos, memes and music, as that all I really use my phone for these days. So,

• A high quality, bright screen
  • At least average battery life
  • Bluetooth 5.0 support
  • Durable and water-resistant, as I am pretty clumsy
  • Prefer at least 6GB of RAM, as I do a fair amount of multi-tasking
  • Must be compatible with AT&T, Sprint or Verizon (I work for Best Buy and get discounts on their services)

The ones that keep cropping up at the LG G8 ThinQ, V40 ThinQ, Galaxy S9, and the newly announced Pixel 3a. What are your personal experiences with these phones, and are there any others you would recommend?

Also, if you have any positive/negative experiences with Verizon, AT&T or Sprint that you want to share, that helps too, since I will be switching to one of them sooner or later.

Any help is appreciated!

9 minutes ago, genericusername said:

LG G8 ThinQ, V40 ThinQ, Galaxy S9

they are all great! add s10e to list if you want newer chip

imo s7 is srill very good and none above supports 5g...

I prefer v40 for great audio and larger screen

I hear the Pixel 3a is a good thing..? Although it only has 4gb of ram and no IP rating whatsoever. But there's a deal going on that if you trade-in your phone you can get it for at least 150 USD (Especially if you do an iPhone trade in). I am currently thinking about getting it since its a mid range phone with a lot of pros and some flaws.

16 hours ago, genericusername said:

I am looking to replace my old Galaxy S7 with something a little more modern, and was looking at a budget of $500 USD or less to replace it, and would like your recommendations on good android phones to fit the job.  I prefer buying phones outright, but if you know of any deals for low monthly payments, that is totally an option too.

My main use case is for media consumption, namely YouTube videos, memes and music, as that all I really use my phone for these days. So,

• A high quality, bright screen
  • At least average battery life
  • Bluetooth 5.0 support
  • Durable and water-resistant, as I am pretty clumsy
  • Prefer at least 6GB of RAM, as I do a fair amount of multi-tasking
  • Must be compatible with AT&T, Sprint or Verizon (I work for Best Buy and get discounts on their services)

The ones that keep cropping up at the LG G8 ThinQ, V40 ThinQ, Galaxy S9, and the newly announced Pixel 3a. What are your personal experiences with these phones, and are there any others you would recommend?

Also, if you have any positive/negative experiences with Verizon, AT&T or Sprint that you want to share, that helps too, since I will be switching to one of them sooner or later.

Any help is appreciated!