Playing XBOX Games on PC. What's needed?

lttUser1234

Hi. I was in my local vape shop today and the guys are a bunch of gamers. They said you could get XBOX software on PC from the Microsoft Store it's like an application you can install. They also said that you can use a XBOX One controller for games on PC.

Questions:

* What type of controller do I need to work with the games?

* Can I get a custom controller?

* What types of custom controller brands do you recommend?

* What's the application I need to install on PC to get all this to work?

Thanks. I'm really a noob when it comes to this type of stuff.

Living Room: HTPC (M1 Mac Mini 8/256) HiFi (Furman Elite-15 PFi > Cambridge 851N > Emotiva A300 > Focal Chora 826) Display (65-inch LG Oled, 22-inch Dell)

Office: Workstation (AMD 3900X, RX5700XT, 32GB) Headphones (Cambridge DacMagic+ > Schiit Lyr 3 > DT 990. 2 Sonos One in Stereo) Display (32-inch Gigabyte)

Some games, not that many, are available on Xbox Play anywhere on the Microsoft Store in Windows 10. The only ones I have experience with are Forza titles and Horizon 4 works fine, Forza Motorsport 7 won't install from the store, some kind of known glitch that's been present in the app store for a LONG time. In Windows 10 start menu, look for microsoft store, log in with your the email linked to your Xbox account, and search for the games you want. The games you're playing would determine controller options.

Some xbox games are play anywhere with mouse and keyboard support. These are usually games made by Microsoft themselves, such as Minecraft Bedrock Edition, Forza Horizon 4, Sea of Theives, etc. You buy the game directly, or download it for free from the Microsoft store if you have the Xbox version. Most of the games I've played with this have good support for keyboard and mouse controls.

Though it seems like they were talking about an emulator, which doesn't exist for Xbox one right now. 

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

23 minutes ago, Shreyas1 said:

Some xbox games are play anywhere with mouse and keyboard support. These are usually games made by Microsoft themselves, such as Minecraft Bedrock Edition, Forza Horizon 4, Sea of Theives, etc. You buy the game directly, or download it for free from the Microsoft store if you have the Xbox version. Most of the games I've played with this have good support for keyboard and mouse controls.

Though it seems like they were talking about an emulator, which doesn't exist for Xbox one right now. 

Horizon 4 with a keyboard and mouse. That idea made me throw up in my mouth a little. Lol. Please just grab a micro-USB cable and use your Xbox Once controller at least. I have a wheel for racing games that is Xbox and PC compatible and it's a drastically better experience.