Pc speaker reccomendations (Music)

MrIceCremeLollipop

I currently have the logitech z506 - Its good but its a bit flat, Ive been wanting an upgrade for a whille.

I listen to mainly hiphop (Juiceworld, Lil peep ect) and dance (Discotronic, Scooter Anything clubland ect) so its quite bassy, Which I love. 

I dont really know much about what "good audio" Is like, IMO the best speakers in terms of what I listen to are the creative t20 series ii which a family member has - They're phenomenal, Loud very very bassy for the size, If anything better then my current speakers (Full 5.1, And a sub) - So I would use that for your benchamark of how much I know about sound. I will probably buy the t20, But I just want to see if anyone has any recommendations first. 

Can anyone recommend a decent set of speakers, They need to be able to accept a 3.5mm aux in, Get very loud and have the bass to match - Although it just needs to give the sound depth not necessarily shake the house. 

I dont watch movies or anything on my pc, And I game too but as long as I can hear stuff, Quality for that isnt a priority.

My budget is probably no more than 100 - Although I would love it to be under 50. Used is fine too.

I would recommend you get bookshelf speakers + amp combo.  You can buy an amp like this, and buy used bookshelf speakers from Craigslist.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | MOBO: MSI B450 Tomahawk GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6800XT | RAM: GSkill Trident Z DDR4 3600Mhz | PSU: ADATA Core Reactor 850W 80+ Gold | CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C MONITOR: LG 32UL500-W 4K 60Hz, Gigabyte M27Q 1440p 165Hz

Just now, Krosis said:

I would recommend you get bookshelf speakers + amp combo.  You can buy an amp like this, and buy used bookshelf speakers from Craigslist.

Can you give me an example of a "Bookshelf speaker" Im a real noob at this, Plus I dont have craigslist (Im in the uk!)

4 minutes ago, MrIceCremeLollipop said:

Can you give me an example of a "Bookshelf speaker" Im a real noob at this, Plus I dont have craigslist (Im in the uk!)

These are bookshelf speakers, but you can find something cheaper than these ones. Look for Dayton or Micca

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Edifier-R1280T-Bookshelf-Speaker-Control/dp/B00GBN50SC/ref=sr_1_4?keywords=bookshelf+speaker&qid=1556657760&s=gateway&sr=8-4

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | MOBO: MSI B450 Tomahawk GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6800XT | RAM: GSkill Trident Z DDR4 3600Mhz | PSU: ADATA Core Reactor 850W 80+ Gold | CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C MONITOR: LG 32UL500-W 4K 60Hz, Gigabyte M27Q 1440p 165Hz

Just now, Krosis said:

These are bookshelf speakers, but you can find something cheaper than these ones. Look for Dayton or Micca

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Edifier-R1280T-Bookshelf-Speaker-Control/dp/B00GBN50SC/ref=sr_1_4?keywords=bookshelf+speaker&qid=1556657760&s=gateway&sr=8-4

These ones are quite decent: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00L5882A6/ref=dp_cerb_1

I am not sure how much bass you want. You could always just connect your sub from z506 to the amp. Don't just buy any amp! This is a good one: https://www.amazon.co.uk/LEPY-LP-2024A-Plus-Amplifier/dp/B00LHB3KYE/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=lepai&qid=1556658085&s=gateway&sr=8-2

5 minutes ago, Krosis said:

I am not sure how much bass you want. You could always just connect your sub from z506 to the amp. Don't just buy any amp! This is a good one: https://www.amazon.co.uk/LEPY-LP-2024A-Plus-Amplifier/dp/B00LHB3KYE/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=lepai&qid=1556658085&s=gateway&sr=8-2

How would I connect it if the amp only has 2 outputs? 
Also, Does this amp put out enough power to match the 80w the bookshelf speakers use?

54 minutes ago, Krosis said:

The z506 needs the right front channel to be connected to turn on.

LTT's Resident Porsche fanboy and nutjob Audiophile.

Main speaker setup is now;

Mini DSP SHD Studio -> 2x Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC's (fed by AES/EBU, one feeds the left sub and main, the other feeds the right side) -> 2x Neumann KH420 + 2x Neumann KH870

(Having a totally seperate DAC for each channel is game changing for sound quality)

1 hour ago, MrIceCremeLollipop said:

I currently have the logitech z506 - Its good but its a bit flat, Ive been wanting an upgrade for a whille.

I listen to mainly hiphop (Juiceworld, Lil peep ect) and dance (Discotronic, Scooter Anything clubland ect) so its quite bassy, Which I love. 

I dont really know much about what "good audio" Is like, IMO the best speakers in terms of what I listen to are the creative t20 series ii which a family member has - They're phenomenal, Loud very very bassy for the size, If anything better then my current speakers (Full 5.1, And a sub) - So I would use that for your benchamark of how much I know about sound. I will probably buy the t20, But I just want to see if anyone has any recommendations first. 

Can anyone recommend a decent set of speakers, They need to be able to accept a 3.5mm aux in, Get very loud and have the bass to match - Although it just needs to give the sound depth not necessarily shake the house. 

I dont watch movies or anything on my pc, And I game too but as long as I can hear stuff, Quality for that isnt a priority.

My budget is probably no more than 100 - Although I would love it to be under 50. Used is fine too.

For under 100 i would look used, but if you want new something new, take a look at these: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Edifier-R1280DB-Bookshelf-Bluetooth-connections/dp/B01NCTNZRC/ref=sr_1_10?keywords=steljes&qid=1556661525&s=gateway&sr=8-10

(a bit overbudget i know) but for used have a look on facebook market-place, ebay etc. on ebay you can get some great deals such as these: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pair-Of-Technics-3-Way-Speaker-System-Speakers-SB-F950/352652883298?_trkparms=aid%3D555018%26algo%3DPL.SIM%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D57478%26meid%3Def3b549ec1394ecfbe3e21d526d38eaa%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D3%26rkt%3D12%26sd%3D163131112428%26itm%3D352652883298&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851

but if you can, when you go to pick them up have the seller hook them up to an amp and rub your thumb around the surround of the woofer (the squishy bit of the big driver)

LTT's Resident Porsche fanboy and nutjob Audiophile.

Main speaker setup is now;

Mini DSP SHD Studio -> 2x Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC's (fed by AES/EBU, one feeds the left sub and main, the other feeds the right side) -> 2x Neumann KH420 + 2x Neumann KH870

(Having a totally seperate DAC for each channel is game changing for sound quality)

I did the same, and got an amp with a set of older speakers. I have a Topping PA3 which powers a set of two Bose Acousitmass speakers, and the bassbox that belongs to the same set. Pretty great sound for the size. 

You can basically get any set of speakers once you get an amp, so I would take a look at what they have on your local second hand website/stores.