RAM Problems, Computer Multitasking

Hello!

Since i got my new computer, which was a couple months ago, i have been experiencing great issues with computer multitasking and have not been able to find any anwsers every since. When ever I try to run a game, i am not able to view programs on my second monitor as it become incredibly stuttery and laggy  - and keeps freezing. For example - I can not watch youtube videos while playing my game or browse the internet normally. Recently i also installed an SSD and upgraded my ram from 8GB to 16 GB, certain that this issue will be resolved and it will speed up my PC, however i was left with no results but just a faster running game... Help!

Also i would like to mention that it is one or the other, for example if i am running a game - i can only play the game properly with no issues but the videos is incredibly laggy and stuttery - however when i start a video, my game starts lagging and freezing badly but my video works perfectly and just fine. Thought i would mention this.

Here i would like to include my RAM, graphics card and SSD specs:

- DDR4 16GB RAM

- 1060 6 GB Graphics Card

- 240 GB SSD

Really need some more info to get a better idea. Run a dxdiag and post the results.

If you're interested in a product please download and read the manual first.

Don't forget to tag or quote in your reply if you want me to know you've answered or have another question.

I have a i5-8500 CPU on 3.00GHz

I ran the dxdiag, the results are attached:

I play games like CSGO, Rust,

Thank you!!!

DxDiag.txt

9 minutes ago, Yarik said:

Thank you!!!

DxDiag.txt

11 minutes ago, Yarik said:

Thank you!!!

DxDiag.txt

Depending on the game, that could be the problem.  The cpu is good for games, but if the game wants all 6 cores and you try to start a video, it will lag, or stutter.

1 minute ago, TheGlenlivet said:

Depending on the game, that could be the problem.  The cpu is good for games, but if the game wants all 6 cores and you try to start a video, it will lag, or stutter.

But the thing is, ANY game i try to play - it happens and i do check the specs

14 minutes ago, Yarik said:

But the thing is, ANY game i try to play - it happens and i do check the specs

What browser do you use for YT?  Try to watch the same video on your second screen with EDGE and see if you still have stutters.  There is an issue with Chrome and sometimes Firefox that causes stutters.

What browser do you use for YT?  Try to watch the same video on your second screen with EDGE and see if you still have stutters.  There is an issue with Chrome and sometimes Firefox that causes stutters.

I have tried countless browers before, the thing is, my computer is slow at opening things up in general like programs. It is like the game takes up an overwhelmingly big amount of memory and that is all it can focus on. This is wierd because i have 16GB of ram and a good SSD

2 minutes ago, Yarik said:

overwhelmingly big amount of memory

What game and how much?  Maybe there is another problem here that is not related to just Youtube playback.

What game and how much?  Maybe there is another problem here that is not related to just Youtube playback.

The specific game i play is called Rust, but it has happend to nearly every game on this computer so far...

Let me ask this a different way, has it ever worked for you?  Have you ever been able to both play a Hardware intensive game like rust and watch a video on YT or Netflix, or whatever without stutters?

Yes, I have another PC in another country that has nearly the identical specifications and i can play rust and run youtube very smoothly - this must be an issue with my certain computer

16 minutes ago, TheGlenlivet said:

Let me ask this a different way, has it ever worked for you?  Have you ever been able to both play a Hardware intensive game like rust and watch a video on YT or Netflix, or whatever without stutters?

Yes, I have another PC in another country that has nearly the identical specifications and i can play rust and run youtube very smoothly - this must be an issue with my certain computer

Try disabling Full Screen Optimizations, because what you are experiencing is specific to multi monitor setups, and clicking outside the game can cause the focus to go to the video and not the game. And about that, you always get lower performance when running a video and a game at the same time. You always get lower performance when you multi task rather than perform one task at a time. And since you have an NVIDIA GPU, go to NVIDIA Control Panel, and in the global settings, there should be a "monitor mode" setting or something like that, go ahead and set that to either "Multi Monitor Mode" or "Compatibility Mode", and that should optimize the GPU for multiple monitor workloads. In addition, there should be a Power Management setting in that, go ahead and change that to "Prefer Maximum Performance" and that should increase your overall performance. Oh, and about YouTube playback, I hope you know YouTube has abnormally high requirements for smooth playback at 1080p and higher resolutions. If that is the case, I can only recommend lowering the resolution of the video.

43 minutes ago, Yarik said:

Well then, It must be a driver, software or windows issue.  I'd use DDU and reinstall the GPU driver first to see if that makes a difference.  After that, I'd look for what programs are using all the CPU and ram when trying to run both a browser and game.

9 minutes ago, Berfs1 said:

Try disabling Full Screen Optimizations, because what you are experiencing is specific to multi monitor setups, and clicking outside the game can cause the focus to go to the video and not the game. And about that, you always get lower performance when running a video and a game at the same time. You always get lower performance when you multi task rather than perform one task at a time. And since you have an NVIDIA GPU, go to NVIDIA Control Panel, and in the global settings, there should be a "monitor mode" setting or something like that, go ahead and set that to either "Multi Monitor Mode" or "Compatibility Mode", and that should optimize the GPU for multiple monitor workloads. In addition, there should be a Power Management setting in that, go ahead and change that to "Prefer Maximum Performance" and that should increase your overall performance. Oh, and about YouTube playback, I hope you know YouTube has abnormally high requirements for smooth playback at 1080p and higher resolutions. If that is the case, I can only recommend lowering the resolution of the video.

I see no so called "Monitor Mode" in global settings

The dxdiag reports "Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8500 CPU @ 3.00GHz (5 CPUs), ~3.0GHz" You have a core missing!

If you're interested in a product please download and read the manual first.

Don't forget to tag or quote in your reply if you want me to know you've answered or have another question.