Tempermental Xbone contnroller (PC)

Flanelman

Hey Guys so i have an XBOX One controller, and it won't work with the Xbox cable it came with on my PC, I've tried 5 micro usb cables and the only one it works with is this really old, short, split cable that is on the way out so sometimes cuts out (if i sit pretty still it has no issues). All my other micro USB cables work with other devices so I'm really confused as to whats going on. I've tried uninstalling the device and trying the different cables to pick it up and reinstall drivers, I've tried all the USB ports on my PC with all the cables. I struggle to believe its a controller fault either since it does work with that one cable fine? Can't afford a new one atm so thought I'd ask here and hope someone can save the day! Thanks in advance.

3 hours ago, quakeguy81 said:

It's because there is a difference in micro USB cables.  You need a Micro USB type B data/sync cable to use the Xbox One controller on the PC.

Yeah, I knew that but was wondering why the licences Xbox cable wouldn't work, I found out that the housing within the Xbox controller to hold the micro USB was a bit warped so wasn't holding the cable in as well and that seems to be my issue. Thanks for the response tho!