HELP with bottleneck question

i just bought a  GTX 1060 3 gig memory and i want to know if theirs anything i need to know to avoid a bottleneck because at the moment it is bottlenecked and i wanna buy a cpu and get it right 

So you have a 3GB 1060

You need to buy a cpu

Are you buying a motherboard/ram too? Or do you have a motherboard?

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

no i have everything i just need a new CPU and i already know the socket and all but idk what i should by because i dont wanna buy something and it still be bottlenecked and yes i have the 3 GB 1060 and need a new cpu 

Just now, anthony man said:

no i have everything i just need a new CPU and i already know the socket and all but idk what i should by because i dont wanna buy something and it still be bottlenecked 

why not get the best for your money? it's not like a bottlenecked system will perform worse than a worse system

23 hours ago, anthony man said:

no i have everything i just need a new CPU and i already know the socket and all but idk what i should by because i dont wanna buy something and it still be bottlenecked and yes i have the 3 GB 1060 and need a new cpu 

Well what do you have? List everything

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

Just now, anthony man said:

i dont get it lol

a 8700k won't perform worse than a 8100 when "bottlenecked"

just name a budget, and I'll make something nice for you

i just need advice on what CPU i should buy for a  GTX 1060 3 GB like if theres certain cores it should have or GHs

CPU amd FX 4130 Quad core 3.8ghs OC

1060 3gig

with AM3 SOCKET 

16 GIG OF RAM

1 minute ago, LukeSavenije said:

microcentre close?

what?

22 hours ago, anthony man said:

oh okay i dont understand what your asking though about that company 

What country are you from? What computer stores do you have near you?

1 minute ago, Slottr said:

What country are you from? What computer stores do you have near you?

im just gonna buy it online either way and U,S

This is something you can do, it's worth the couple extra dollars over your 200$. Getting something new for your current platform probably wouldnt be worth it

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant
Type Item Price
CPU AMD - Ryzen 5 1600 3.2 GHz 6-Core Processor $116.89 @ OutletPC
Motherboard ASRock - B450M PRO4 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard $69.89 @ OutletPC
Memory Patriot - Signature Line 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) DDR4-2666 Memory $42.99 @ Amazon
  Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts  
  Total (before mail-in rebates) $249.77
  Mail-in rebates -$20.00
  Total $229.77
  Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-04-23 22:57 EDT-0400  

Though check what's in the used market around you

1 minute ago, Slottr said:

This is something you can do, it's worth the couple extra dollars over your 200$. Getting something new for your current platform probably wouldnt be worth it

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant
Type Item Price
CPU AMD - Ryzen 5 1600 3.2 GHz 6-Core Processor $116.89 @ OutletPC
Motherboard ASRock - B450M PRO4 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard $69.89 @ OutletPC
Memory Patriot - Signature Line 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) DDR4-2666 Memory $42.99 @ Amazon
  Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts  
  Total (before mail-in rebates) $249.77
  Mail-in rebates -$20.00
  Total $229.77
  Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-04-23 22:57 EDT-0400  

so i need to just get a newer motherboard before i get newer anything

so i need to just get a newer motherboard before i get newer anything

If you wanted to get a Ryzen chip (or any modern chip), you'd need a new motherboard and ram. You can find other AM3 chips, but unless you can get a really good price on a good chip then it's probably wise to spend your money towards something like this instead, imo

However, finding something on your used market is also a really good idea, local classifieds and eBay you can find some pretty good platforms and chips that use DDR3, like a 4790.

@LukeSavenije Just to bring you back in here. Maybe you have some other input aside from mine, or to combat mine

17 minutes ago, anthony man said:

Any local stores like Fry's electronics might be worth a look, you might snag a CPU for like 30% off like I did my brother's

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

I agree with @Slottr. There is no sense in staying with an AM3 motherboard, which is what you have running that FX chip.

With an AM4 motherboard like @Slottrsuggested, you have a lot of upgrade possibility. Eventually, you'll dump the 1060 for something better, and with AM4, you'll be able to upgrade the CPU to something incredibly good at that time without ripping out and replacing your motherboard a second time.

Intel i7 8700k | Asus ROG Strix Z370-I | NVidia RTX 2070 Super Reference | Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3600MHz x 32GB | Samsung 970 Evo 500GB NVMe | Samsung QVO 1TB SSD | Custom Loop | Corsair RMx 850w Gold | Phanteks Evolv iTX TG (modded) | Acer Predator XB1

6 minutes ago, NickPickerWI said:

I agree with @Slottr. There is no sense in staying with an AM3 motherboard, which is what you have running that FX chip.

With an AM4 motherboard like @Slottrsuggested, you have a lot of upgrade possibility. Eventually, you'll dump the 1060 for something better, and with AM4, you'll be able to upgrade the CPU to something incredibly good at that time without ripping out and replacing your motherboard a second time.

am i stupid for asking is there a place for my gpu becasue in the specs it claims that its CPU dependent what does that mean 

7 minutes ago, NickPickerWI said:

@Slottr and @NickPickerWI would it be smarter to keep the i5 9400 and my gtx1060 and just by a new motherboard and ram casue the transfer to ddr3 to ddr3 

22 hours ago, anthony man said:

@Slottr and @NickPickerWI would it be smarter to keep the i5 9400 and my gtx1060 and just by a new motherboard and ram casue the transfer to ddr3 to ddr3 

Since when did you get a 9400?

And you can't use DDR3 on any 9th gen board, that I'm aware of.

Just now, Slottr said:

Since when did you get a 9400?

And you can't use DDR3 on any 9th gen board, that I'm aware of.

i know you can only use DDR3  on DDR3 boards. and  i had it from a friend but would it be smarter to buy the board with the gpu i have and the cpu and just buy new ram