Upgradabilty

hello all, 

I have already bought all of my components but one and I am going to start building my rig soon. 

I know I will want to be upgrading my components every couple of years (no hard set date) and I am wondering how far this motherboard will take me and if it is worth spending an extra MAX. 50$ more and get something that can support newer chips. Yes I can just spend the extra money and be done with it but I have other expenses that I really need to be considering too. 

What I am asking is what is the newest chip this motherboard can realistically support. I have looked at the supported chip list for this board but I'm looking for more insight on this topic.

https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/B360-HD3-rev-10#kf

Gigabyte - B360 HD3 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard

Thank you. 

it should handle a 9700k, though you're not overclocking it anytime soon with that board. if you need the money for other things then use it for those instead.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

so it would be completely find with a i5-8400?

Realistically, if you get an 8700 on that board, it will last you a long time.

It's going to be a much better value than the 9700k because you can't overclock that on your board (waste), and the 8700 is over $100 cheaper. It's going to last longer than a 9400f also.

Also, generally speaking, Intel isn't guaranteed to have the next generation of chips (with meaningful upgrades that your vrm could handle anyway) compatible with that board. Even if it does, the amount of improvement probably isn't worth it.

Realistically, a 4.3ghz 6/12 should do pretty will for several years still.

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x