Need new ram and cpu

Save up a little more, get an overclockable CPU before Coffee lake is obsolete

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

17 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

Save up a little more, get an overclockable CPU before Coffee lake is obsolete

And as for ram?

13 minutes ago, bigmouthbob1 said:

And as for ram?

I would say hold off until your CPU is better, it can always be slotted in later.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

2 hours ago, bigmouthbob1 said:

So I was planning on getting a new cpu and more ram for my computer. Max budget is $200

this is my build

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/8NM8q4

If you need one now:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant
Type Item Price
CPU Intel - Core i5-9400F 2.9 GHz 6-Core Processor $174.89 @ OutletPC
Memory Team - Elite Plus 8 GB (1 x 8 GB) DDR4-2400 Memory $40.98 @ Newegg
  Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts  
  Total $215.87
  Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-04-16 23:51 EDT-0400  

It 'll perform well enough for 1080p gaming and it won't bottleneck an RX580 at all. It won't bottleneck most GPUs and will only start to bottleneck right around the RTX 2080 and beyond, but even at that the bottleneck is at high framerates.

Otherwise what @fasauceome said. I'd aim for this:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant
Type Item Price
CPU Intel - Core i5-9600K 3.7 GHz 6-Core Processor $264.89 @ OutletPC
Memory Crucial - Ballistix Sport AT 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory $78.69 @ Newegg
  Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts  
  Total $343.58
  Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-04-16 23:54 EDT-0400  

It gives you overclockability and you can likely get it to 5.0GHz.

2 hours ago, bigmouthbob1 said:

So I was planning on getting a new cpu and more ram for my computer. Max budget is $200

this is my build

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/8NM8q4

besides what @fasauceome said, you'd also have to replace the PSU as well. Apevia PSUs are generally closer to hand grenades than power supplies.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

Just now, Herman Mcpootis said:

besides what @fasauceome said, you'd also have to replace the PSU as well. Apevia PSUs are generally closer to hand grenades than power supplies.

Ha how did I miss that, yes any Apevia unit absolutely has to go, I learned that the hard way. A Mr. JonnyGuru affirmed this fact when I asked him if there was ever a good Apevia unit, him basically saying no.

Primary PC:

9 hours ago, fasauceome said:

Ha how did I miss that, yes any Apevia unit absolutely has to go, I learned that the hard way. A Mr. JonnyGuru affirmed this fact when I asked him if there was ever a good Apevia unit, him basically saying no.

so any suggestions for PSU? would like it to fit with my case if possible

33 minutes ago, bigmouthbob1 said:

so any suggestions for PSU? would like it to fit with my case if possible

Your case is standard ATX so it would be tough to find a PSU that won't fit. The Corsair CX line is pretty solid, the 550 would do nicely. If you want a higher end power supply, you should consider the seasonic focus plus gold, the bitfenix Formula gold, or the Corsair RMX

Primary PC:

5 hours ago, fasauceome said:

Your case is standard ATX so it would be tough to find a PSU that won't fit. The Corsair CX line is pretty solid, the 550 would do nicely. If you want a higher end power supply, you should consider the seasonic focus plus gold, the bitfenix Formula gold, or the Corsair RMX

so like what makes Apivia PSUs so bad?

1 minute ago, bigmouthbob1 said:

so like what makes Apivia PSUs so bad?

Lack of protections, voltage ripple, atrocious 12V power delivery, and when it dies it takes your stuff with it, as any bad PSU will.

Primary PC:

3 hours ago, fasauceome said:

Lack of protections, voltage ripple, atrocious 12V power delivery, and when it dies it takes your stuff with it, as any bad PSU will.

In English that basically translates to: It can kill one or more of your components while it's running, if you put too much load on it, it won't turn off like its supposed to and will likely kill one or more component, and when it dies it will most likely take one or more components with it. It also uses terrible caps, so that death will occur sooner rather than later unlike other models using Jap Caps.

5 minutes ago, jerubedo said:

It also uses terrible caps, so that death will occur sooner rather than later unlike other models using Jap Caps.

To be fair, jap caps in an Apevia power supply is a waste of good caps

Primary PC:

3 hours ago, fasauceome said:

when it dies it takes your stuff with it, as any bad PSU will.

Lol love that bit what you just said