Linux in a Virtual Machine

I have my hard drive partitioned with Windows 7 on one, and Linux Mint on the other. Is there any way to run my Linux Mint partition in a virtual machine inside windows?

It should work I just have not tried it yet, you'll need VMware Workstation, not sure VMware Player will though. VMware may want you to re-format the Linux partition and re-install though. Maybe VMconverter can be used to virtualize it but you'll need a separate drive or enough space to temporarily hold it somewhere, unless you're willing to lose it all and just re-install the VMware way.

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

It should work I just have not tried it yet, you'll need VMware Workstation, not sure VMware Player will though. VMware may want you to re-format the Linux partition and re-install though. Maybe VMconverter can be used to virtualize it but you'll need a separate drive or enough space to temporarily hold it somewhere, unless you're willing to lose it all and just re-install the VMware way.
Forgot, I wouldn't expect being able to dual boot the Linux partition with both your BIOS and VMware.

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

Ya, that's what I figured, since all the vm softwares use their own format to save and load the virtual machines...

I use VMware Player but I don't have a partitioned hard drive. I have 3 drives.  I run OpenSuse with no problems and have it installed on a drive other than my boot.  If you want to run Linux in a VM rather than have a dual boot, I recommend VMware player since it installs everyting in its own folder and you can choose where that is.

If it can mean anything to anybody at any time, it means nothing.

I`m writing from a Ubuntu virtual machine that runs in Win 7 now.

I use Virtual Box now.

It`s free and easy to use.

Btw I have 2 monitors.

I use 1 for Win and the other for ubuntu in full screen

I use i5-3470, 8GB kingston, SSD + 2x hdd, GTX 970