I hate Steam

For like 3 or 4 days now I cant get steam to download anything, or if it does it will do it at a remarkably slow speed, like 270 mb update took 9 hours. Every other client works fine, speedtest shows 340 mb down and 20 up, ive tried reinstalling steam (which also takes forever), ive tried clearing download cache, I even tried using their beta and still no help. Its become an unusable launcher for me, beyond frustrated at this point. I also tried disabling windows defender, that changed nothing. Any ideas?

Perhaps something with your internet service provider.

Perhaps try uninstalling and installing Steam client again. 

Ya Im doing that right now, I have others in my area that are using steam with the same provider that have no problems so I cant see it being that

And now steam just hangs on the "Updating Steam Extracting Package" window so I cant get into it at all. Epic wont need exclusives to win me over, they just need to make software that I can make work on my damn computer. I am all for admitting when its a "me" problem but in this case I literally turned the computer on one day and now the piece of shit no longer works and no one on the steam forums seem to be able to help either. 

For this particular problem that wasnt possible because steam wouldnt open, when you launch it the program started to download an update and auto install and then get hung up, it actually ended up locking the computer up completely. I had to hard shut down the machine, reboot it and then let steam run its "update" for the better part of 3 hours. It finally started working again, very frustrating