Are inclined laptop stand detrimental for mechanical HDD?

So I bought the Predator 15 G9-593 about a year back from a NewEgg sale and had it shipped half way around the world to my country where there's no Amazon, PayPal etc. I for ergonomic reasons use those adjustable laptops Stands, specifically, Cooler Master Ergo Stand III.
Previously I used local ones for my previous laptop for over 4 years without any issue to my 5400 rpm HDD. But the 7200 rpm one in my current laptop is having issues,
- sudden 100% use making task man, media players and explorer unresponsive even though it's not my boot drive, I tried to find out the process causing this but couldn't find it.

- random dismounting of the HDD by the Intel Rapid Storage Technology Software that came with the Laptop that also, manages the OEM raid which is my boot drive, though I'm not sure if this is the software that manages this.
Before all this, my brother's friend had a similar situation where one night he put his laptop in an inclined position and the next day the HDD died, though I'm not sure about the validity on that either.
So can anyone help me out with this, why is this happening to my HDD? Is it dying? Any way to extend the life?
Also, here's my sys info. 

sysinfo.PNG