My Laptop is sucking air through the SD card reader. Problem?

The weirdest thing is happening with my laptop. I was cleaning the vents in my laptop when I realized that there was some dust built up on the SD card reader(mostly through the SD card reader. Not so much through the other ports.). On closer inspection I figured out that the fan was pulling air through the ports. The dust built up was leaning towards the inside. The only reason i can think of is that the air input vent is not letting in enough air and additional air is pulled in through the ports.

My question is

• Is this a problem
  • How can I fix this
  • Is this even possible ? (This once sarcastic. don't answer)

Laptop Model - Asus Vivobook S510U

Specs - Intel Core i7-8550u

Nvidia GeForce MX150 2gb

8 gb ram

Edited by sid180201
Wrong laptop model

It's not a problem. That laptop has such tight tolerances I doubt it's to do with pressure but you can always give the fans a good cleaning and see if that resolves it. laptop fans are usually contained inside a shroud so I'm not exactly sure this is entirely possible on this laptop? Unless the fan is raised up enough above the vents that it sucks air in from all sides.

The Louvre

Lian-Li PC-O11 DW   |   ZOTAC RTX 2080   |   Core i5 9600k   |   SeaSonic FOCUS Plus 650W Platinum   |   MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon  |  2x16Gb TRIDENT Z ROYAL  |   2xSX8200 240Gb NVME SSD's  |   1x Seagate Firecuda 1TB   |   EVGA Closed Loop Cooler 280mm   |   1x MSI MPG27C Monitor

2 minutes ago, CharminUltraStrong said:

Unless the fan is raised up enough above the vents that it sucks air in from all sides. 

I place my laptop on top of 4 coasters when I am gaming. I thought maybe it would improve cooling. Should i not do that?

2 minutes ago, sid180201 said:

I place my laptop on top of 4 coasters when I am gaming. I thought maybe it would improve cooling. Should i not do that?

No no that's fine, I mean like how the fans are mounted PHYSICALLY inside the chassis.

The Louvre

Lian-Li PC-O11 DW   |   ZOTAC RTX 2080   |   Core i5 9600k   |   SeaSonic FOCUS Plus 650W Platinum   |   MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon  |  2x16Gb TRIDENT Z ROYAL  |   2xSX8200 240Gb NVME SSD's  |   1x Seagate Firecuda 1TB   |   EVGA Closed Loop Cooler 280mm   |   1x MSI MPG27C Monitor

Which is outside your control, but in my experience almost every laptop uses a foam tape to create a seal so the airflow is extremely direct.

The Louvre

Yeah. I never opened this laptop and did no modifications. I guess ill just live with it. Thx btw