DisplayPort KVM 4k or 144hz and multiple displays

wbierman

I currently have one system running two monitors: an ASUS ROG PG278QR 144hz monitor and an ASUS PB287Q 4K monitor.

I am considering adding a docking station for a work laptop as well as the ability to run at least one more desktop system with these monitors, keyboard, mouse, etc..  I am assuming that integrating the laptop into this will require some kind of thunderbolt 3 external GPU.

I am looking for recommendations on KVM switches that will actually achieve 144hz and 4k (though not necessarily both in the same display) for at least two displays as well as a suitable external GPU that might allow me to effectively use these two displays with a laptop.

Thank you in advance for your advice!

I would recommend Display Fusion if your monitors are different resolution, after you find a good KVM

i7 6700k, GTX 1080, Crucial MX 300, Maximus VII Hero, WD Blue, 16 GB RAM

you dont want to just utilize a 2nd input on your monitor? If that's the case you could probably just get any KVM switch and only use the K and M part of the KVM.

4 hours ago, Vandey said:

you dont want to just utilize a 2nd input on your monitor? If that's the case you could probably just get any KVM switch and only use the K and M part of the KVM.

That's a good idea, I hadn't considered that.  I may do this if I can't find a suitable KVM.  So far my google-fu has failed to find a suitable KVM.

just a suggestion... it'd also allow you to have one system on each screen if you needed, but you'd have to switch using the KVM. Otherwise in that instance you could just use synergy.